Part-Time Associate, Safety and Security Officer
The Safety and Security Officer provides a safe and pleasant environment for all visitors, guests and employees at all Chicago Cubs Properties. The Safety and Security Officer performs proactive safety and security functions when coping with safety hazards, undesired behavior, disturbance, crime, threats of life and/or property. In all situations, the Officers perform their duties in a courteous, professional and restrained manner, through legal methods approved by law and adhere to Chicago Cubs policies. This position will be scheduled for 15-25 hours per week.
- Responsible for maintaining order on the property by utilizing respect, care and to the greatest extent possible, positive customer service in dealing with guests, visitors, employees and contractors/vendors.
- Perform frequent interior and exterior patrols, monitor alarms and security, cameras, control access, receive/transfer incoming calls, receive/log incoming packages/mail, and document safety/security violations and/or hazards.
- Responsible for ensuring that trespassers and undesirable individuals are kept off of the property, utilizing the legal methods as outlined in Cubs policies and procedures. Take recommended action to deal with undesired conduct and law violations in compliance with established policy.
- Prepared to take immediate and appropriate action in responding to emergency situations.
- Submit well-written and comprehensive reports outlining facts regarding complaints, observations, actions taken and investigative findings.
- Advise supervisors of all activities that would be deemed of interest, importance and/or of concern regarding the property or any activity on or around Chicago Cub's Properties.
- Complete all duties and posts as otherwise assigned in a timely, professional, and in a service focused manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age
- Strong attention to detail including time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work and collaborate in a team environment
- Ability to perform the following physical tasks: bend, squat, kneel, twist, climb flights of stairs, walk on uneven ground, walk/run up and down ramps, walk and stand for extended periods of time, assist patrons up and down stairs, wipe down seats in sections daily, and give appropriate directions
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis and lift up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays as needed. This position is designated as an "essential employee" and may be required to stay beyond regular work hours and/or report in from off-duty to assist with minimum staffing coverage.
- Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; Military, Law Enforcement, and/or Security Experience
- Two years related experience and/or training
The Chicago Cubs are an Equal Opportunity Employer
See Inside the Office of Chicago Cubs
The Chicago Cubs are a professional baseball team and one of two remaining charter members of Major League Baseball’s National League. Cubs fans can watch the action live at Chicago’s historic Wrigley Field or at away games across the country. Fans can get the latest news on players and events at the yearly Cubs Convention or by reading Vine Line—the official Cubs magazine.
Back to top