The office manager position is responsible for the operation of all Cubs office building common areas and maintaining Cubs office building assets with the goal of: 1) creating/maintaining work spaces that promote collaborative, efficient and effective work; 2) utilizing the office building to promote our brand to associates and visitors alike; 3) extending the useful life of building assets.
- Develop and enforce office policies and standard operating procedures that produce high standards in office cleanliness, appearance and safety
- Develop and enforce cleanliness standards and work with the Facilities Department and associates to ensure standards are being met
- Act as a conduit between associates and the Facilities Department to identify storage options for items that do not fit in desk or closet storage spaces
- Work with internal departments to coordinate office moves and setup for relocating and new associates
- Create office orientation documentation and work with Human Resources to conduct initial training for all new associates
- Identify office maintenance needs and work with the Facilities Department to remedy
- Responsible for the operations of break rooms/galleys. Role includes: the ordering of all food, beverages and supplies and ensuring proper inventory at all times; maintaining cleanliness of equipment and surfaces; working with event coordinators in preparing for special events in the spaces
- Partner with the Safety & Security Team to schedule and perform office evacuation and safety drills
- Work with internal parties to assist in the delivery of events in the building’s event spaces. Role may include coordinating room design/setup, arranging catering, scheduling cleaning and ensuring room turnover at completion of event.
- Provide backup to the Mail Services Team to cover for absences and heavy work load periods
- Responsible for common area work spaces and equipment. Assess need to develop a reservation system for frequently used spaces and equipment.
- Supervise the maintenance of print/mail centers with goal of ensuring equipment is online and properly working, supply inventory levels are adequate and space is well maintained. Work with Mail Services Team on establishing office supply standards and replenishment orders.
- Identify and implement opportunities to promote green initiatives in the office space
- Assist in coordinating meetings, including booking meeting space, preparing meeting materials and making catering arrangements
- Participate as needed in special department projects
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college
- At least 2 years of prior office management or administrative experience
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated communication and time management skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products
- A four-year undergraduate degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent relevant experience
The Chicago Cubs are an Equal Opportunity Employer
See Inside the Office of Chicago Cubs
The Chicago Cubs are a professional baseball team and one of two remaining charter members of Major League Baseball’s National League. Cubs fans can watch the action live at Chicago’s historic Wrigley Field or at away games across the country. Fans can get the latest news on players and events at the yearly Cubs Convention or by reading Vine Line—the official Cubs magazine.
Back to top