Communications Summer Intern (2017)
The Communications intern will assist with the team’s social media programming and public relations outreach for business and community initiatives. Responsibilities include proactive and reactive public relations outreach, media monitoring and reporting, writing, proofreading, research and social media monitoring and outreach.
- Draft media materials including press releases, media advisories, pitch notes and messaging.
- Help coordinate information and images for inbound media requests.
- Research editorial calendar opportunities for proactive media outreach.
- Monitor local and national media for relevant clips to be distributed internally throughout the front office.
- Proactively monitor the club’s social media channels for opportunities to engage with fans and influencers.
- Compile and evaluate digital media metrics to help track campaign performance toward overall business goals.
- Research and help develop innovative social media programming for team consideration.
- Help coordinate logistics of contests, giveaways and sweepstakes conducted on social media.
- Work with team photographer and other graphic sources to identify and provide images for various communications across platforms.
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in journalism, public relations or communications-related field
- Excellent communication, organization and writing skills
- Proficient in AP Style
- Should have an understanding of the organization’s history and goals, along with a good working knowledge of digital technology
- This position occasionally requires non-standard hours, including nights and weekends
- Detail-oriented, organized, proven ability to follow up on tasks
- Comfortable working with internal and external parties
- Strong ability to function in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple projects, adhere to deadlines while working independently in a team environment toward goals
- Experience using media monitoring tools
The Chicago Cubs are an Equal Opportunity Employer
See Inside the Office of Chicago Cubs
The Chicago Cubs are a professional baseball team and one of two remaining charter members of Major League Baseball’s National League. Cubs fans can watch the action live at Chicago’s historic Wrigley Field or at away games across the country. Fans can get the latest news on players and events at the yearly Cubs Convention or by reading Vine Line—the official Cubs magazine.
Back to top