Cleaning Crew, Seasonal, Hourly Staff
The Cleaning Crew Seasonal, Hourly position plays a vital role in delivering best-in-class fan experiences to guests of Wrigley Field. The ideal candidate will be consistent, energetic, engaging, passionate, personable, proactive, and welcoming. This person will assist with duties that directly relate to cleaning the ballpark before and during events as well as preparing the ballpark for upcoming games and events.
REPORTS TO: Manager, Facility Maintenance, Grounds Crew Supervisor
- Perform general housekeeping functions which consist of cleaning the ballpark seating areas, restrooms, concourses, and exterior areas.
- Prepare restrooms for events by performing a detail cleaning of fixtures such as partition walls, toilets, urinals, sinks, faucets, etc. Stock levorotary dispensers with paper and soap products.
- Monitor restrooms and concourse areas during events. Patrols an assigned section of the ballpark and ensures that stock levels and cleanliness are maintained to the highest standards at all time.
- Participate in the organizations commitment to safety by ensuring that floors are free and clear from slip hazards during events. Use appropriate safety signage and mops floors as required.
- Empty concourse trash/recycling containers during events. Assist the Post Event Cleaning Crew with recycling collection in the ballpark seating areas once events have concluded.
- Patrol the exterior of the ballpark and maintain appropriate levels of cleanliness by sweeping and emptying trash/recycling containers.
- Assist the Grounds Crew with field duties such as tarp deployment or removal from the ballpark infield.
- Report any unruly or customer related issues to Command Center
- Various other duties as required.
- Able to perform the following physical tasks: bend, squat, kneel, twist, climb flights of stairs, walk on uneven ground, walk/run up and down ramps, walk and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to assist patrons and give appropriate directions.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis and lift up to 50lbs on an occasional basis.
- Demonstrated ability to address and resolve conflict including but not limited to verbal and physical tactics.
- Demonstrated ability to disseminate and communicate unique personal interactions.
- Demonstrated verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to effectively adapt to work environment that is in constant change due to weather.
- Must be able to work nontraditional hours to include evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Must be available March – October.
- 18 years or older by Opening Day.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Working knowledge of custodial equipment including buffers, shampoo machines, vacuum cleaners, bucket & wringer, etc.
- General equipment repair and maintenance knowledge.
- A passion for The Cubs and its unique history.
- Ability to thrive in a team setting and work under stress.
The Chicago Cubs are an Equal Opportunity Employer
See Inside the Office of Chicago Cubs
The Chicago Cubs are a professional baseball team and one of two remaining charter members of Major League Baseball’s National League. Cubs fans can watch the action live at Chicago’s historic Wrigley Field or at away games across the country. Fans can get the latest news on players and events at the yearly Cubs Convention or by reading Vine Line—the official Cubs magazine.
Back to top