Audit & Tax Manager
Chicago Cubs is hiring Audit & Tax Manager.
The Manager – Audits and Taxes is the primary liaison between external audit firms / tax preparers and the accounting department. This newly created role manages 6 or more of the external financial statement audits (across 3 firms), from planning to execution to wrap up. This role manages the tax return process for income tax returns as well as a variety of internally calculated taxes (e.g., sales & use, parking). This position will also assist with certain accounting responsibilities such as review of selected monthly balance sheet reconciliations and research of accounting issues and this role will initially be fluid as the role develops and the company evolves. The scope of the role primarily includes the NEH family of Ricketts-owned entities, but may extend to other entities for certain responsibilities.
Manage multiple financial statement audits across several external audit firms, including (i) PBC list coordination, collection, review and submission of requests that are timely and accurate, (ii) coordination and review of engagement letters, (iii) preparation of final overall analytical review documentation
Write/update financial statement footnotes, seeking input from the business unit accounting teams as applicable and ensuring consistency among reports that build upon one another
Manage the income tax return process with 2 external tax preparers, including (i) PBC list coordination, collection, review and submission of requests that are timely and accurate, (ii) coordination and review of engagement letters, and (iii) coordination of all tax return filings and payments
Establish self as a subject-matter expert for non-income tax returns (e.g., sales & use, parking), and work with the accounting team to manage this process
Assist the Controller with accounting research and implementation of significant new accounting pronouncements
Implement a new process to prepare quarterly tax projections internally
Review specified balance sheet account reconciliations for timeliness, completeness, and accuracy
Play a to-be-defined role in other audit and accounting matters, such as accounting treatment documentation, accounting process development, government audits, MLB information requests, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
- At least 4 years of public accounting (audit) experience with a progression of increasing responsibility
- Demonstrated organizational, project management, and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence others without positional power
- Demonstrated advanced technical accounting and financial reporting skills
- Demonstrated experience in identifying issues, evaluating which need to be elevated, and effectively communicating issue summaries and recommendations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- 5 – 7 years of "Big Four" public accounting experience, including promotion to Manager
- Masters Degree in Accounting or MBA
- Consistent annual performance reviews in the top quartile
The Chicago Cubs are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top