Chewy is hiring a Seasonal Transportation Coordinators for our fulfillment center in Lewisberry, PA. We offer competitive benefits, climate controlled warehouse, leadership development programs with rapid career growth potential, Team Member incentives, and full-time opportunities. This position is critical in ensuring that customer orders ship in a timely manner and damaged free. This position is responsible for understanding the freight process and equipment necessary for successful shipments.
What you'll do:
- Ensures that freight is loaded properly in trailers for shipment to customers.
- Work with Operations and local delivery vendors to ensure we are making adjustments to the process to ensure the 100% delivery success. (ie more sweeps)
- Familiar with the sorter process and audits packages to ensure that it is working correctly.
- Work with Scheduler to ensure delivery vendors are providing trailers on time, pulling on time each and every time. Ensure that trailers in the yard are being prioritized correctly and that nothing is left behind or taken to the wrong facility.
- Act as a SME on the shipment process and partner with Operations on ensuring its success.
- Audit the process and document any delivery issues. Work with Operations and transportation to ensure solutions are defined and implemented.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you'll need:
- 1 to 3 years warehouse / distribution experience; specifically related to outbound shipment experience preferred.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively operate both independently and as part of a team.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Able to work to work a 2nd shift schedule.
- Microsoft Excel and Outlook experience required.
- Ecommerce background is a plus.
- Ability to read, comprehend and carry out simple instructions from oral instructions or written correspondence
- Good communicator and active listener
- Comply with all company policies, procedures and safety guidelines
- High level of professionalism and strong work ethic
- The ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals
- Ability to plan and schedule tasks and handle multiple tasks at once
- Adhere to quality and performance standards
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures
- Ability to work in a fast paced distribution environment
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in a team-oriented environment with an emphasis on total customer satisfaction
- Detail oriented and accurate
- Ability to focus attention on details
- Ability to prioritize, manage and complete projects with tight deadlines
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR@chewy.com.