Chewy is hiring a Senior Software Engineer, UI for our Pet Health team in Boston, MA. This is a high-profile position that will have exposure across the entire business, influencing the vision and implementation of architecture, design and features for this critical business line. As part of a fast-paced, startup-feel environment, you will be responsible for designing and building a new product providing advanced B2C and B2B capabilities using React, micro-frontend SPA, and integrating with APIs backed by micro services on AWS. You will be the UX technology leader with a mission to build usable, reusable, and performant UX components. You are expected to be an excellent team collaborator and mentor, raising the bar on quality and timely delivery in a highly agile environment.
What You'll Do:
- Prototype and develop new customer experiences for internal and external applications with web technologies
- Design and build responsive, accessible, and performant UX components for mobile and desktop web experiences
- Interact with the full application stack to access and store information via APIs in a comprehensive application ecosystem
- Work in an agile and fast pace development environment, collaborating with Application Development and Architecture teams
- Provide technical guidance to your team by providing design and code reviews among other collaboration techniques
- Experience in using DevOps principles and techniques to deliver high quality software with the least technical debt possible
- Continuously adopt and embrace industry best practices in terms of technology and development process
What You'll Need:
- 5-7 years of experience creating modern web experiences across devices and form factors
- Project experience using React, Angular, Vue.JS or similar frameworks and/or libraries
- Working Experience with distributed SCM (GitHub a plus), DevOps, AWS
- Experience integrating with with lightweight middleware technologies, integration patterns, microservices
- Bachelor’s Degree (MIS or CS preferred) or equivalent work experience
- Position may require travel
- E-commerce experience
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact HR@Chewy.com.
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com