Chewy is hiring a Senior Software Engineer for our Chewy Gives Back Engineering team. As the philanthropic arm of Chewy, we build products and services to help animal shelter and rescue organizations connect with pet parents that would like to adopt new pets or donate food or other needed supplies.
What you'll do:
You will be joining software engineering team for Chewy Give Back and will be responsible for the design, development, testing, implementation, proof-of-concept, and technical leadership of the platform. You'll have significant influence over the vision, features, and design of this mission critical platform. Working with other technology teams, you and your team will design and build interfaces that integrate with vendors, internal applications as well as packaged applications. This is a terrific opportunity to join a thriving startup like environment and have a significant role in its success. There is a tremendous opportunity to grow professionally and to be a part of a dynamic and successful team.
What you'll need:
Demonstrated track record of successfully delivering new features and products along with commitment to team work and strong business and technical communication skills are absolutely necessary. You should possess exceptional technical skills that are needed for creating reliable, scalable, and high-performance products a sound understanding of the fundamentals of computer science, and practical experience building high quality technology products & services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
- 5+ years of experience developing applications in web technologies (Java 8, Spring Boot, Spring Batch & AWS technologies)
- Familiarity with API service development (REST, GraphQL, etc)
- Knowledge of structured and no-SQL data storage systems and how to use them effectively
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals – object oriented design, data structures, algorithm - design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
- Experience with designing, building and deploying scalable, highly available systems with service oriented architecture.
- Strong background with modern tools and environments (e.g., configuration-as-code, web services, version control systems, bug/issue tracking tools)
- Have or (more importantly) be willing to learn deep domain knowledge in the area of retail e-commerce.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or an engineering discipline
- Experience with Scrum, XP or other agile methodologies a plus.
- Good communication skills with both technical and business people.
- Experience with Jenkins / CICD pipeline and test automation.
This role can be worked in a number of Chewy offices including Boston MA, Dania Beach FL, Minneapolis MN and Seattle WA. Chewy offers generous relocation assistance to out of area candidates!
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact CAAR@chewy.com.
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact HR@chewy.com.
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.