Chewy's Supply Chain Team is seeking a Senior Supply Chain Data Scientist to join its growing Inventory Optimization team. Combining a background in Supply Chain with a deep understanding of optimization and data science, you will be a part of a team responsible for strategic planning and research initiatives centered around Chewy’s inventory strategy. Your optimization models will guide Chewy’s inventory placement strategy as we aim to improve customer experience though shorter transit times while reducing Chewy’s inventory holding costs and transportation spend. Moreover, you will develop Data Science solutions to support partners across Network Topology, Forecasting, Replenishment, and Operations to scale with the business’s growing needs. You will serve a subject matter expert, mentoring Data Scientists on the team to develop a world class data science organization.
What You'll Do:
- Mentor and support a team of Data Scientists in developing new models and algorithms in the Inventory Optimization space
- Develop optimization models to establish an ideal inventory placement strategy at Chewy
- Create models to quantify item substitutability and interactions between inventory in Chewy’s catalog
- Partner with business users and other data scientists and engineers to build automated solutions at the intersection of inventory optimization, replenishment, topology, and operations
- Develop scenario management models to facilitate “what if” scenario planning
- Communicate your findings to senior leaders and executives throughout the company
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years’ experience designing optimization and machine learning solutions for large scale applications
- Ability to understand and apply advanced mathematics
- An advanced degree (M.S., PhD, or equivalent experience) in Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Python or R mastery
- Extensive experience working with Linear Programming, Mixed Integer Linear Programming, and ML models
- Ability to translate complex data sets and research into simple business recommendations
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work through infrastructure build out and coordinate with IT and BI business partners
- Ability to use collaborative programming tools (Git, Confluence, etc.), and assist and support junior colleague’s use of those tools
- Experience mentoring both junior and experienced data scientists
- Supply chain experience
- E-com, Retail or startup experience is a plus.
- Strong leadership skills and outgoing personality
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact CAAR@chewy.com.
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact HR@chewy.com.
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.