Chewy is seeking a talented, passionate, and proactive Manager, Motion Graphics & Design to join our in-house Post-Production Department located in Dania Beach, FL. You’ll be responsible for leading and managing the full Motion Graphics & Design Team within the Post-Production Department to foster the growth of strongly cohesive and collaborative Motion Graphics Designers, Visual Effects Artists, and 3D Artists. You will be responsible for ensuring extremely high-quality creative execution and successful timely delivery of all animated video content. You must have the experience and enthusiasm necessary to jump in to a team that is responsible for supporting all business units and digital channels for Chewy.
What You’ll Do:
- Directly manage Motion Graphics Designers, Visual Effects Artists, and 3D Artists of multiple experience levels across both Studio locations and report to the Director of Post-Production in Florida Headquarters
- Partner closely with the Director of Post-Production to vet business needs in order to strategize and oversee 3D workflow expansion, including the processes and technologies necessary to facilitate that growth
- Ensure successful and timely execution and delivery of all animated video content for all business units, digital channels, and broadcast needs - maintain internal processes to facilitate as needed
- Collaborate with Post-Production Producers & Coordinators to strategically and creatively contribute to initial conversations about content execution, and understand when, how, and what specialists to assign, and in what ways to flex to achieve project targets
- Manage & forecast resourcing for the Motion Graphics & Design team and hire/manage freelance team members to fulfill seasonal needs
- Partner closely with the Director of Post-Production to communicate opportunities for improvement with larger processes or workflows and escalate pain points as appropriate
- Foster growth and structure for all team members
- Track and report internal team metrics and KPIs to assess departmental progress and opportunities for improvement
- Stay up-to-date with technological advancements in the Motion Graphics, Visual Effects, and 3D spaces, and lead initiatives to update technologies and processes to continually optimize internal workflows
- Partner closely with Post-Production team leads to make holistic decisions about projects, lines of content, or day-to-day opportunities for improvements
- Partner closely with the Director of Post-Production and Post-Production team leads to assess needs and execute future team growth
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of Motion Graphics or Visual Effects leadership or managerial experience
- Nuanced understanding and experience with the Motion Graphics & Visual Effects sphere and their intertwining workflow needs - Assistant Edit, Edit, Color, Audio
- Prominent experience with an Adobe-house team - Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop - as intertwined with Davinci Resolve and Pro Tools
- Deep passion for everything Post - there’s no place you’d rather be than in the thick of it with Editors, Motion Designers, Colorists, and Audio Engineers!
- Experience with leading or collaborating with team members across multiple sites
- Thrive in an ever-developing, fast-paced environment - happy to be flexible and pivot on a dime!
- Able to think critically about ambiguous problems, and, based on job-specific knowledge and experience, quickly make decisions, openly communicate directives, and facilitate pivots with Motion Graphics & Design and collaborating Post-Production teams
- Buckling under pressure is not in your vocabulary, and you can continue to positively coach and guide your team, even when everyone's in the weeds
- Must be a strong people leader, mentor, and be invested in the growth and development of direct and dotted line reports
- Active listener with a strong ability to think critically and guide others
- Strong attention to detail, organization and time management skills
- A positive, can-do attitude with teammates and clients alike
- Available to work on weekends and evenings when needed
- Position may require travel
- Denote travel expectation 10%
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR@chewy.com.