The Director, Studio Management leads the overall management of Chewy’s in-house Photo and Video content creation engine in Dania Beach, Florida and Dallas, Texas. This role will be responsible for organization design, process and workforce planning to ensure the scalable, cost-effective execution and accelerated delivery of all content serving our MarComm and Ecomm pipelines. The body of work produced is an expansive range of high quality, high performing content distributed across a variety of media through paid and organic/owned channels and our eCommerce platform. The Studio Director sets the tone and delivery mechanisms to ensure accurate and measurable tracking and reporting of defined KPI’s to meet business demands. They will partner closely with a cross functional peer set in Creative, Production, Post Production and Creative Operations. The Director, Studio Management will supervise and guide our Associate Directors of Studio Management over our Florida and Texas studios.
What you'll do:
- Build highly engaged and effective direct report team of people leaders to achieve an exceptional level of performance and accountability in a large volume, fast-paced environment
- Develop and maintain positive, collaborative and productive relationships with internal and external core functional partners to ensure seamless execution and collaboration at scale
- Respectfully and professionally partner closely with Chewy Creative Services and Studio Leadership team to deliver on Chewy’s Mission to become the most trusted and convenient online destination for pet parents everywhere
- Oversee all aspects of the Chewy Studios facilities, operational and capital expenditures making the case for improvements and innovation in technology – hardware and software including studio workflow including footprint and effective use of the facility for optimized throughput.
- Expertly navigate and resolve conflict and risk management with proven ability to judiciously escalate concerns
- Ability to forecast and model operational scenarios
- Manage up and represent team’s work product to exeutive leadership ensuring a high level of performance, optimization and accountability against defined KPI’s
- Build trust with senior leaders, peers and/or team through cultivating an open, transparent, feedback-rich environment
- Partner with other colleagues to make decisions that are in the best interest of customers or the business as a whole, vs. following personal agendas
- Solve multiple large, complex issues at the same time and with limited guidance
- Balance resources to ensure both short-term tactical problems as well as long-term strategic goals are achieved
- Translate department vision into specific goals, priorities, and responsibilities for individual teams or team members
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning
- 10+ years’ experience in marketing, creative or production operations roles
- Deep understanding of online retail, Marketing Communcations, content creation and delivery of multimedia digital assets
- Ability to adapt to new strategies, processes, and platforms with a positive attitude in driving adoption
- Continuous improvement mindset with structured problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Highly knowledgeable in operationalizing Photo and Video Production at scale
- Strong collaborator with highly effective relationship and partnership skills
- Ability to structure ambiguous problems, analyze complex processes, synthesize data and drive toward insights and solutions
- A respect and admiration for all pets and ability to work with them daily
- Position may require travel
About Chewy Creative Services and Chewy Studios
We are the ultimate one-stop shop for creative at chewy.com. We concept, design, and create original brands and packaging and online assets. We concept social campaigns, banners and lead the design for all internal and external marketing efforts. We also shoot and style all of our own photography, video and television commercials. If you saw it out in the wild and it had the Chewy logo on it, Chewy Studios was there – from start to finish. With positions ranging from entry-level script writing and production graphic design work to senior creative concepting, producing and photography, Chewy Studios does it all, in-house, with pride from 3 locations in Boston MA, Dallas TX, and the mothership in Dania Beach FL. If you love pets and crave working in an ultra-creative environment, give us a shout. We’re always interested in meeting new people – and their pets.
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com