Chewy’s mission is to be the most trusted and convenient online destination for pet parents and partners everywhere. We view pets (and pet parents) as family, and we are obsessed with meeting their needs and exceeding customer expectations through every interaction. Within Chewy, the Chewy Health team is focused on redefining how veterinarians and pet parents care for their pets. We are on a multi-year journey to build a set of new pet parent and veterinarian facing services that make it easier to keep pets of all shapes and sizes leading healthy, happy lives.
As part of this mission, Chewy Health is hiring a Director, Clinic Sales & Vet Success to lead our enrollment & clinic engagement teams in Dania Beach, Florida. The Director, Clinic Sales & Vet Success will own driving and managing acquisition, adoption, engagement, and customer success for our vet-facing healthcare service offerings across all segments of veterinary practices. Working closely with Chewy Health leadership, this leader will be responsible for defining and refining the business models and go-to-market strategies for our vet-facing healthcare services portfolio, defining and managing pricing strategies for our services, identifying new growth opportunities for the business and translating them into actionable operating plans, and managing the P&L for the business. Additionally, this leader will own developing strategies and capabilities to enable vet acquisition & engagement at scale, and working closely with technology and operations partners to continuously drive innovation for the organization. The Director of Clinic Sales & Vet Success will be a team leader and mentor in a high-pace environment demanding clear and effective leadership.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and implement strategies and tactics for building the user base of our veterinarian facing (B2B) services, including the targeting, sales & onboarding, and pricing strategies for large, multi-clinic groups down to independently owned and operated clinics
- Develop capabilities (people, process & technology) to enable account management management, engagement & performance management, and cross selling of new solutions for practices of all sizes
- Develop a vision and roadmap for tools and automation to scale sales and support capabilities in the organization
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners across businesses to implement and execute these strategies effectively.
- Hire and develop a world-class team of customer-focused sales & account management professionals to launch and scale our services business in 2021 and beyond
- Work in conjunction with the VP, Healthcare Services and Chewy Health leadership to develop short term and long term goals of the B2B Healthcare services
- Own the P&L for our vet-facing B2B services and manage the key inputs to the business to ensure we are delivering on our plans
- Negotiate high stakes and complex partnerships across key accounts, such as: Veterinary Corporate Groups, Buying Groups & Large hospitals.
- Think big and innovate new service concepts to increase sales and adoption
- Interject new insights and ideas for improving customer experience and improving financials while holding true to Chewy fundamentals
What You'll Need:
- 10+ years in technology services/SaaS, eCommerce marketplace or related industries (B2B or B2C) with experience in, but not limited to: sales/account management, product management, project management, financial analysis and marketing.
- 5+ years leading sales, customer success or related functions in a SaaS-based business
- Demonstrated ability to build high performing sales and account management teams, including hiring and developing both managers and individuals, and developing effective incentive structures to motivate the teams
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed sales and revenue goals in a high-growth, fast paced environment
- Demonstrated success in managing full-lifecycle, complex sales with large organizations
- Broad knowledge of sales/CRM technologies and best practices (Salesforce, etc.)
- Ability to synthesize large quantities of and complex data into usable/actionable information
- Track record of taking ownership and driving results in a data-driven, fast-paced environment
- Experience with financial analysis and modeling
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Position requires some travel
- History of selling into large and small veterinary OR medical practices in the US
- Experience with launching new technology products/services to veterinary clinics OR medical practices
- Strong understanding of the overall pet care industry and recent trends
- In depth experience and understanding of the veterinary profession in the US; DVM degree is a strong plus