Chewy is looking for a Senior Creative Director to join our Creative Services Team based in Dania Beach, FL and lead our Healthcare vertical. The ideal candidate will be a world-class Creative Director with a relentless passion for uncovering “the big idea” and developing immersive, connected consumer experiences to drive awareness, engagement and conversion. The ideal candidate, will be well-versed in current and emerging design trends, has a keen understanding of omni-channel strategy and creative, with a proven track record of leading and delivering high impact creative campaigns, visual centers and messaging frameworks for both B2B and B2C Marketing Communications and Content Creation with a strong expertise in digital products and services, notably with expertise in Healthcare, Wellness, and Pharmaceutical Industry(ies).
The Senior Creative Director reports to the Executive Creative Director and assists with daily leadership on assigned Chewy business as an inspiring and positive role model to all members of the cross functional team in Creative Management, Project Management and Studios. They will be instrumental in partnering with their Executive Business leads in guiding and managing the creative team, upholding creative vision and generating meaningful work to both maintain and elevate Chewy standards. He/she will utilize industry knowledge, trends and business and consumer insights and research to develop concepts and set creative vision. He/she will work alongside Creative Services leadership team to foster creative innovation and instill the systems, tools and processes to create a best-in-class in-house team.
What you'll do:
- Partner with business stakeholders and Executive leadership, representing Creative Services in presentations and strategy discussions.
- Contribute to cross departmental/category projects as a creative partner.
- Direct the daily creative workflow to support the creative goals and strategic goals for their assigned business and the overarching Chewy brand.
- Instill a passion for collaboration, teamwork and inspiration throughout the department.
- Mentor and guide all level of creatives on your team in their professional development – from interns to Sr Art Directors.
- Collaborate on and guide the day to day work of all direct reports, giving them critical feedback and leading the generation of stellar ideas.
- Coach team members on presentation skills, interfacing with Sr. Leaders and stakeholders
- Oversee multiple projects through all stages of development, asset and content creation, from concept through to production and final delivery.
- Roll up your sleeves to pitch in and deliver work wherever needed.
What you'll need:
- Experience taking business goals and translating them into creative projects.
- Exceptional presentation skills– a requirement for both internal and external creative presentations.
- Proven omni-channel knowledge: digital/social/traditional media/content/proucts and services for B2B and Direct to Consumer, ability to both ideate and guide work created for specific media placement.
- Clear articulation of expectations, able to rally a team around one outcome and objective.
- Strong understanding of business needs and how it applies to marketing strategy, objectives and creative deliverables.
- Knowledge and genuine interest in Chewy and e-commerce platform.
- 8-10+ years experience leading creative in an agency or brand setting, or related experience.
- 3-5+ years in leading creative teams in highly cross-collaborative and fast-paced environments. Both in-house and agency experience preferred.
- An ad school or liberal arts (4 year) degree is preferred.
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite and other appropriate tools of the trade
- Portfolio and CV is a must.
About Chewy Creative Services and Chewy Studios
We are the ultimate one-stop shop for creative at chewy.com. We concept, design, and create original brands and packaging and online assets. We concept social campaigns, banners and lead the design for all internal and external marketing efforts. We also shoot and style all of our own photography, video and television commercials. If you saw it out in the wild and it had the Chewy logo on it, Chewy Studios was there – from start to finish. With positions ranging from entry-level script writing and production graphic design work to senior creative concepting, producing and photography, Chewy Studios does it all, in-house, with pride from 3 locations in Boston MA, Dallas TX, and the mothership in Dania Beach FL. If you love pets and crave working in an ultra-creative environment, give us a shout. We’re always interested in meeting new people – and their pets.
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com