Chewy is hiring a Associate Director, Software Engineering for our Content and Blogging Platform Software Engineering team in Minneapolis, MN. The Content and Blogging Platform team is responsible for hosting and supporting the creation and delivery of content through Chewy’s blogs, e-commerce site and mobile apps. The goal of the team is to build a platform that supports the creation of engaging content that is optimized for the audience who will receive it and to serve that content through a low latency, highly scalable delivery architecture. This role offers a tremendous opportunity for professional growth in the leading online pet retailer in the US.
What You'll Do:
- Manage and lead 2 teams of 3-5 experienced software and quality assurance engineers responsible for Chewy’s Content and Blogging platform and program
- Work with others in Engineering Management to drive best practices in software development, testing, and production deployment
- Work with your product owners to manage the backlogs to support multiple teams within the Chewy Software organization
- Deep dive into the technical details of our AWS hosted environment. Provide low-level tactical guidance as well as drive high-level design decisions. Build a culture of operational excellence
- Establish strong working relationships at all organizational levels and across functional teams
- Partner with our recruiting team to continue building your team and mentor the growth of the current talented team
- Identify and manage priorities within the context of overall Chewy objectives
What You'll Need:
- Demonstrated history of implementing and managing significant software development projects
- 5+ years of experience in Software Development as a software engineer
- 3+ years of experience in Engineering Management
- Proven delivery experience working under an Agile/Scrum methodology
- Position may require travel
- E-commerce experience
- Java or PHP ecosystem experience
- AWS ecosystem experience
- Experience with CMS services like Drupal or Wordpress
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact HR@Chewy.com.
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com