Chewy is hiring an Associate Director of Category Management to lead our stellar Merchandising team in Plantation, Florida. The Associate Director of Category Management will own the business growth strategy, category P&L delivery, and continuously assess products and services to stay ahead of the competition. The Associate Director of Category Management will be a team leader and mentor in a high-pace environment so clear and effective leadership is critical.
What You'll Do:
- Prepare the Merchandising department to scale the business to 4x current volume
- Work in conjunction with the Business Vertical VP to develop the goals of the Category Management team
- Ensure Merchandising is planning and delivering on all key P/L Metrics such as Sales, GM, ASP, CPU, Rebate %, and more
- Negotiate high stakes and complex funding and cost deals across the biggest manufactures in the Pet Care Industry
- Develop and execute overall product assortment strategy to maximize sales and new customer acquisition
- Lead a complex or large vendor network of partners
- Develop strategies for increasing vendor support
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners across businesses to execute the strategy effectively, both on replenishment, seasonal, and OTB categories
- Oversee high-level direction and approve tactical, administrative or operational policies to ensure achievement of objectives
- Partner with Merchandising Operations and IT to increase conversion
- Generate new Merchandising concepts to gain incremental sales
- Interject new insights and ideas for improving customer experience and improving financials while holding true to Chewy fundamentals
- Position may require travel
What You'll Need:
- Minimum of 8-10 years in buying, account management, product management, project management, financial analysis and/or marketing.
- Alternate profile- Willing to consider candidates with less experience who have advanced degrees and are working for top consulting firms.
- Minimum of 8 years negotiation experience
- Strong in Excel
- BA/BS (MBA preferred)
- Position may require travel
- Experience with financial analysis and modeling
- Extensive experience leading teams & cross-functional projects
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Experience planning both seasonal and replenishment based categories
- Ability to synthesize large quantities of and complex data into usable/actionable information
- Track record of taking ownership and driving results in a data-driven, fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact CAAR@chewy.com.
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact HR@chewy.com.
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.