VP of Solutions Consulting
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
As Checkr’s VP of Solutions Consulting, you will be responsible for building and leading a team of Solutions Engineers, scaling the company’s efforts providing pre-sales engineering, sales strategy, relationship building, enterprise solution development for our most valuable customers and partners.
Checkr’s Solutions Team is responsible for designing and developing complex background check and onboarding workflows to drive successful introduction, adoption with Checkr’s customer and prospect base.
As the lead of this newly formed team, we are looking for someone who can be hands on with projects and can drive new process development with cross functional teams. You will succeed through attention to detail, clear prioritization, collaboration, tenacity, and a drive for constant improvement. You will be a strategic leader who works closely with the team, other departments, and senior leadership to develop best-in-class processes to consistently delight our rapidly growing customer base, and assure successful onboarding and ramp to revenue. Also you will be expected to scale this team up as the business grows.
- Hire, coach, develop top talent, and provide leadership to a team of high-performing Solutions Engineers to support Checkr’s growth
- Deliver against sales goals and establish strong relationships with customers and partners, as well as with internal cross-functional stakeholders in Sales and Product
- Implement best practices and data driven programs to improve results including revenue, sales cycle, product adoption as well as the efficiency of our revenue support functions
- Develop scalable processes to add capacity and bandwidth to the demo and trial process
- Provide leadership for the Solutions Engineering function amongst Checkr business units, and integrate strategic direction into the Solutions program activities and goals
- Provide regular enablement and training to the Solutions team to uplevel skills
- Develop KPIs to define success for the Solutions team (activity metrics and benchmarks)
- Ensure that all Solutions Engineers are certified to discover, demo and execute PoV’s
- Ensure that the Checkr’s values are demonstrated by the Solution Engineering team at all times.
- Expect 50% Travel as needed for customer visits
What you bring:
- 10+ years experience in technical consulting roles such as professional services or technical sales engineering
- 5+ years of leadership experience, building and leading successful teams that exceed goals
- Demonstrated sales leadership ability in motivating teams, overachieving targets, and successfully winning large-complex deals
- Ability to juggle and complete multiple priorities and projects (internally and externally) in a fast-paced environment
- Interest in working creatively with customers to understand their technical and business requirements and implement solutions, including change management and technical engagement delivery
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth start-up environment, requiring superior skills in critical thinking, influencing, and managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).
Back to top