Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for overseeing the day to day management and support of our Atlassian suite of software (Jira, Jira Service Desk, Confluence, etc). He/she will work with our team members to gain an understanding of business process needs and translate those into technical solutions to support Checkr’s business initiatives. He/she will be responsible for ensuring that Jira is running and performing optimally at all times. This role is key in making sure our teams collaborate together efficiently as we scale.
This role will require both an understanding in Jira and Atlassian tools configuration as well as the ability to effectively communicate with team members when troubleshooting or gathering requirements. We are looking for a process-oriented thinker who is comfortable both asking higher level business questions and diving into the nitty gritty details.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Jira and other Atlassian tools for all team members at Checkr.
- Perform requirements gathering and gain an understanding of business process workflows in order to design and implement new system workflows and configurations with both technical and non-technical teams.
- Building custom workflows, configuring screens, fields, schemes, permissioning, etc.
- Create training guides and conduct in-person training on existing and new Atlassian functionality for employees and new hires.
- Document standards, guidelines and standard operating procedures for admins/users of the system.
- Evaluate, make recommendations and manage various plugins and APIs.
- Regularly audit Atlassian permissions, workflows, etc to keep the system running smoothly.
- Maintain best practices for the Atlassian tools.
- 3-5+ years as a Systems Engineer with a deep hands-on experience in Jira configuring and supporting the application including custom workflows, configuring screens, fields, project schemes, and permissioning. Experience at a growth phase tech company preferred.
- Experience translating business requirements into technical specifications to support the company’s business objectives is a must.
- Self-directed approach with a high degree of initiative to investigate and resolve issues.
- Experience in supporting both technical and non-technical staff.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Certified Jira Administrator ACP-100
- Experience working with Atlassian Cloud
- Experience working with Service Desk
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership and transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top