Strategic Partner Manager
- San Francisco, CA
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Checkr is looking for a Strategic Partner Manager to join our Business Development team!
As a Strategic Partner Manager, you will own relationships with named partner accounts, onboard new partners, and drive go-to-market activities. The ideal candidate should be able to create a strategic vision for their partners, and bring their plan to fruition. We treat partners like our customers and you will work closely with all parts of the company, including Product, Sales, Customer Success and other functions.
- Manage executive-level relationships with Checkr’s channel partners (software partners focused on serving SMB to Enterprise customers)
- Lead the go-to-market process for new partners including sales enablement and marketing, with the end goal of identifying joint value propositions, aligning Checkr and partner teams, and building best-in-class solutions on the partner platform.
- Ideate and own monetization, product, and growth strategies to achieve user and revenue targets.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams such as marketing, product, sales, and customer success to drive key initiatives both within Checkr and with our partner organizations.
- Track partner performance against goals and share learnings on how and where to improve
- Collaborate and problem-solve at all levels of the partner’s organization and become the connector to different stakeholders within Checkr
What you bring:
- 7+ years of total work experience is required. 4+ years of proven success in business development, customer success, or related field. Some product experience is a plus.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Resourcefulness, creativity and grit to find different ways to achieve results
- Product-orientation and familiarity with APIs
- Experience with data analytics and financial/operational metrics. Data is your friend.
- Exceptional communication skills and a consultative approach in addressing partner needs
- Detail-oriented and highly skilled in project management amid complex, ambiguous situations
- Strong leadership credentials and high energy level to match Checkr’s fast paced, start-up environment.
- Ability to travel up to ~20% of the year to attend industry conferences and visit partners in person (barring travel restrictions).
- BS or BA, MBA a plus
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $106,788-$125,632. This position is also eligible to participate in Checkr’s commission plan/bonus plan.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top