Staff Security Infrastructure Engineer
- Denver, CO
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Checkr is looking for a Staff Security Engineer to help develop, design and execute our infrastructure and information security program and priorities. This role and the team will collaborate and coordinate with our product, data, platform, and infrastructure (production and corporate) engineering teams and work closely with our DevOps, SRE, security and other engineers. You will contribute to protecting Checkr and the people who trust us with their information and safety. This work directly impacts our mission in creating a fairer future - come help us change the world!
What a typical week may look like at Checkr:
- Provide subject matter expertise on product and infrastructure security.
- Partner with various teams to improve security and bring standard methodologies to our infrastructure, products, and services.
- Research, design and develop solutions meeting internal and external security requirements and standards.
- Design and deploy product and infrastructure security tools and monitoring.
- Drive detection, response, investigation, and remediation of product and infrastructure security vulnerabilities.
- Consult and advise on infrastructure security architecture, authentication, configurations, policies, and processes.
What we value in a Staff Security Engineer:
- 9+ years hands on experience in infrastructure engineering
- 4+ years in a lead role in infrastructure or security engineering.
- Proven leader, mentor or coach to others.
- Experience with critical cloud-based infrastructure and distributed systems.
- Enabling engineers to build and use secure infrastructure, products, and services.
- In-depth technical knowledge of security engineering, computer and network security, authentication, security protocols, applied cryptography, vulnerability management, and forensic investigations.
- Deep, hands-on expertise in cloud architectures (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, distributed systems) and approaches to address their unique management and security considerations.
- Contributions to the security community (open-source, public research, blogging, presentations, etc).
- Deep understanding of applying defensive infrastructure automation, advanced threat detection and attack prevention.
- Worked in a fast-paced startup environment.
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top