Software Engineer - Partner Integrations
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the Staffing team. A core initiative for the upcoming year will be to integrate with various partners and assist in bringing the Checkr product to a broader audience. Working with Sales, Business Development, and Marketing, this team and role will be crucial in enabling the business to scale to different markets and industries.
Checkr was founded by engineers for engineers; we want to create the best environment for developers to build, learn and love their work.
What a typical week may look like at Checkr
- Collaborate with peers to brainstorm new product ideas from design, implementation to release
- Collaborate with external actors and partners
- Build new features across the entire web stack
- Deliver performant, reliable, scalable, and secure code
What we value in a Software Engineer:
- Eager to learn and curious
- Able to give constructive criticism
- Readability of code, cherishing and embracing DRY, Convention over configuration, importance of linting
- Knowing basic programming patterns like MVC, singleton, etc
- Built an API already (project or IRL)
- Pet projects
- Open source contributions
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).
Meet Some of Checkr's Employees
Co-founder & CEO
As the Co-founder and CEO, Daniel is responsible for leading the company through strategic growth that supports Checkr's mission.
Back to top