Senior Support Systems Engineer, Zendesk
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Checkr is looking for an experienced Support Systems Engineer to manage our customer experience software applications and support the team members who use them. You will also contribute to protecting Checkr and the people who trust us with their information and safety.
In this role, you’ll focus on managing our support systems (Zendesk, Talkdesk, MaestroQA) for Corporate Engineering, which includes both enterprise and business tools. You’ll lead maintaining our support systems, build documentation, provide internal support, and assist in cross-functional projects which require system changes. This role will work closely with stakeholders in our Operations, Customer Success, Finance, Legal, Engineering, and Corporate Engineering teams. You will strive to keep our systems operational by balancing business needs and system sustainability while understanding the importance of building system configurations designed for scale. Deep Zendesk experience and a Zendesk admin certification is a must for this role. This work directly impacts our mission in creating a fairer future - come help us change the world!
What a typical week may look like at Checkr:
- Provide responses to administrative requests such as onboarding and off-boarding users, troubleshooting, system changes, and addressing system issues
- Documenting standards, guidelines, and standard operating procedures for admins and end-users as well as providing education and guidance to team members
- Proactive planning and execution on projects for changes in system configurations, improving the candidate/customer experience, or to increase agent productivity
- Auditing system permissions and settings, monitoring Zendesk workflows and ticket volumes, and managing 3rd party add-ons
What we value in a Systems Engineer for support systems:
- 2+ years of experience administering, troubleshooting, documenting, and maintaining cloud-based systems
- A least one year of experience administering Zendesk, preferably with high ticket volumes and system complexity
- Exposure to a customer support environment. You’ve either worked in a support role or have supported customer experience teams as a software admin
- Technical grit - you’re not a programmer, but you are fascinated by the ins and outs of technology and internal business tools
- Have a self-directed approach with a high degree of initiative to investigate and resolve issues
- Extreme attention to details and highly organized
- Zendesk administrator certified
- Experience with administering Talkdesk, MaestroQA, and/or other customer experience related tools, such as workforce management solutions.
- Worked in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience building/configuring systems for scale
- Have worked with/are familiar with using the Zendesk API
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Gym membership and transportation reimbursements
- Catered meals and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top