Senior Product Manager, Insights
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Checkr is seeking a Senior Product Manager that is passionate about data-driven products to drive and expand our new Insights product. The Insights team’s vision is to empower our customers with data and insights to optimize their hiring process end to end while keeping our mission of fair chance hiring in the forefront of everything we do. This role will work closely with our Assess product, which was awarded Fast Company’s Winner in the AI and Data category as part of their 2021 World Changing Ideas Awards. This role will be responsible for building the vision and product roadmap for the team, including ensuring alignment of internal business partners and leadership, and cross-functional collaboration to execute on the plan. This role will also be instrumental in furthering Checkr’s mission to build a fairer future.
- Build deep understanding and empathy for external and internal users of Checkr, while driving product large and small advancements that effortlessly empower and delight our users
- Partner with data science, engineering and design teams to ship new, impactful features, including preparing necessary technical specifications, coordinating development activity, and tracking progress of in-flight projects
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, customers and technology partners to deeply understand, document, analyze and synthesize customer needs into product priorities, roadmap plans, and detailed specifications
- Process, review and interpret large bodies of qualitative and quantitative data on customer usage patterns to uncover new product insights
- Develop product strategy and roadmaps for the data products within the Insights team
What you bring:
- BS or MS in computer science, electrical engineering, or similar experience
- 5+ years experience as a Product Manager for data and ML products
- Experience taking product(s) 0 to 1, and/or 1 to n
- 2+ years experience as a Data Engineer or Data Analyst or similar
- Successful track record of partnering with UX designers
- Experience with usage and design of Restful APIs
- Deep experience and interest in data analytics and ML products
- Experience with a variety of software development methodologies
- Strong attention to detail, with demonstrable abilities in interaction design, rapid prototyping and user research
- Strong ability to analyze, interpret and present data
- Deep understanding of and empathy for users
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Passion for mission driven products
- An owner’s mindset
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive salary & meaningful equity and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $124,100-$146,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top