Product Marketing Manager
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has landed on Forbes' 'Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2016' List. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide second chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
The Checkr marketing team is expanding to help fuel the ongoing growth of the Checkr business and we are looking to hire a Product Marketing Manager. The product marketing team has the utmost respect in the company and has already established itself as the team to help define messaging and positioning, build the voice of the customer, set priorities for the product roadmap and help to enable the company to best represent the brand throughout their functions. With such a huge impact there is a lot of need across this team. As a Product Marketing Manager, you need to be skilled in both planning and execution, able to work cross-functionally, and leverage internal stakeholders and vendors to deliver effective results. The ideal candidate will bring to the table past experiences positioning complex products in the market, working with demand generation to support the development of useful content and messages, work with sales to help them best position the company and work with finance and product to price and package our offerings.
Here’s what you’d be doing:
- Work with Sales to inspire, motivate and ultimately win deals that then become the best customer stories in the business.
- Partner with the marketing team to produce high fidelity externally-facing content including thought leadership content, customer stories, webinars, data sheets, solution guides and more that align to all funnels of the GTM plan.
- Work with product, industry, customer service, finance and others to develop compelling pricing and packaging models to help differentiate our offerings and fuel ongoing growth.
- Be the internal expert on the competitive landscape and build enablement tools to arm our teams with key differentiators to win in competitive situations.
- Conduct market research into new industries, present recommendations to estaff and build GTM plans for new industries
- Work with the events team to develop compelling content, customer stories and calls to action to deliver the most engaging world class events.
- Develop differentiated corporate and product messages to represent the company in the market be that in sales materials, customer facing marketing and events.
- Connect with customers, prospects, sales teams and partners to show them the future potential when working with Checkr.
- Engage sales enablement to supplement the appropriate sales enablement tools that will assist sales teams in all phases of the sales cycle.
- Build a thought leadership program that aligns to the Checkr GTM including managing outreach and ongoing relationships with key influencers.
- Collaborate with Demand Generation to be the resident expert on upcoming webinars and other content that can be leveraged to help build lead generation.
- Understand the Checkr product suite in depth to help build content including demos and other assets to help sell Checkr on the website.
- Work closely with cross-functional marketing team to drive the business including tracking, measuring and reporting on objectives.
- Work with product to reflect customer needs to prioritize the 3, 6 and 12 month roadmap.
- 4+ years marketing and product marketing experience with a passion for the new world of work
- Experience developing pricing models, strategy and rolling out to field teams and customers
- Experience researching new markets, developing TAM, presenting findings and building initial GTM plan for new markets and industries
- Knowledge and understanding of complex sales organizations with a passion for doing product marketing that helps the bottom line and drives business.
- Experience working to help customers tell their stories through compelling assets.
- Demonstrated ability to speak in front of large internal and external audiences.
- Proven track record of crafting compelling messaging, positioning and thought leadership content under tight deadlines.
- Hands-on ability to create a range of marketing assets, including viral on-message product demo videos and succinct slide pitch-decks.
- Experience working with direct distribution (sales) teams and channel partners.
- Strong communication skills including storytelling with PowerPoint and/or Prezi and other tools, data crunching with Excel, use of salesforce.com, etc.
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology\
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).
Back to top