Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
As a Product Design Manager you will lead a talented team of designers to bring human-centered products and features to life. Our mission-driven team is passionate about changing the background check industry, with a goal of increasing access to jobs for people with criminal records. Our team grew substantially in 2022, and we’re looking for someone who is execution focused, excited about building culture, process, and empowering the team to do its best work.
What You’ll Do:
- Work as an integral member of the design leadership team, including research and content
- Empower and mentor designers on your team, fostering a collaborative, productive, and positive environment
- Lead the team through improvements to our design system, including component evolution, redesign, and documentation
- Drive for consistency, help the team define what great looks like to ensure quality
- Establish a strong point of view that balances shorter-term product design needs with longer-term investments in platform usability and scalability
- Leverage data in your decision-making, including qualitative and quantitative design and usability research approaches
Who You Are:
- You are excited about improving employment opportunities for people with criminal histories
- You think and design holistically, considering long-term sustainability in all design decisions
- You have strong communication skills with the ability to champion the best ideas and push back on beliefs with integrity and respect
- Able to collaborate with cross-functional partners and influence the larger team
What You Bring:
- 8+ years of product design experience, 2+ years as a Product Design people manager
- You have experience with B2B software or applications with multiple user touch-points on different platforms and devices
- You have scaled a design team and built the necessary process to support your team’s work
- You bring demonstrated experience evolving a design system
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
One of Checkr’s core values is Transparency. To live by that value, we’ve made the decision to disclose salary ranges in all of our job postings. We use geographic cost of labor as an input to develop ranges for our roles and as such, each location where we hire may have a different range. If this role is remote, we have listed the top to the bottom of the possible range, but we will specify the target range for an exact location when you are selected for a recruiting discussion. The salary range for this role is $124,313 to $258,750.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.