Head of HR Operations & Total Rewards
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
As our Head of HR Operations & Total Rewards, you will use your passion for the analytical parts of HR to help Checkr make the best decisions around our people. You will be our thought leader in compensation, benefits, survey strategy, HRIS, and reporting. You will help Checkr prepare for the future by making sure we have the tools and systems in place for us to scale. You will be part of a dynamic team on the cutting edge of HR practices so we can make sure the employees of Checkr are as valued and productive as possible.
- Refine our compensation and leveling strategy by researching market rates and ensuring we are paying competitive wages and work us toward an automated compensation process
- Build out a total rewards and operations team over time as the business expands
- Work with our benefits providers to get the most value from their services and provide recommendations for new benefits
- Create and maintain dashboards of people data and produce ad-hoc data requests as needed
- Lead our search for a new HRIS system
- Partner with the Director of People Operations on survey strategy so we are getting a constant pulse on employee morale and needs
- Work on broader People Operations initiatives as needed
- Excellent analytical skills and experience with using data to make recommendations
- Deep understanding of compensation and leveling practices
- 8-10+ years of progressive compensation, HRIS, benefits, & reporting experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent excel skills including pivot tables, vlookups, and data visualisation
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively with all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to keep data private and ensure employee data confidentiality
- People management experience strongly preferred
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).
Meet Some of Checkr's Employees
Co-founder & CEO
As the Co-founder and CEO, Daniel is responsible for leading the company through strategic growth that supports Checkr's mission.
Back to top