Director, Partner Marketing
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
The Checkr marketing team is expanding to help fuel the ongoing growth of the Checkr business and we are looking to hire a Director, Partner Marketing. This leader will build and manage a team of partner product marketers that are responsible for developing and executing joint go-to-market, launch, and integrated marketing plans with our partners that expand Checkr’s reach and increase revenue. This person will place a key role in advancing our partner program, balancing the needs of our top tier partners, while building a model that scales for our rapidly growing ecosystem of “self-service” partners. We are looking for someone who is an expert in positioning complex products and has a great track record working with partners to help accelerate business. To do this job you need to be skilled in both planning and execution, able to work cross-functionally, and leverage internal stakeholders and partners to deliver results. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record at building a high-performing team while successfully driving results through influence both locally and remotely. In addition to great leadership, our ideal candidate will have deep experience bringing joint solutions to market and a passion for crafting compelling messaging and content that position Checkr as the industry leader.
Here’s what you’d be doing:
- Own our partner marketing strategy and program, including overseeing how we jointly market with our strategic partners, while developing a program that scales for self-service partners.
- Build and lead a rockstar team - Hire, lead, motivate, and grow the partner marketing team, and be a resource for other members of the product marketing team based in Denver.
- Partner across the organization - Be a trusted partner for Checkr’s business development, product management, sales, finance, and marketing teams to inform prioritization, product roadmap, pricing, and strategy.
- Develop compelling joint messaging and positioning - Craft the narrative that clearly differentiate our offerings from the rest of the market, and makes it easy for our partners to tell our story.
- Support revenue growth - Build relationships with partners’ marketing and sales teams to develop mutually beneficial activity that drives pipeline, accelerates deal velocity, increases win rates and supports customer retention.
- Deliver world-class content - Produce high fidelity, partner specific content including thought leadership content, customer stories, webinars, data sheets, solution guides and more that align to all stages of the customer journey.
- Know your numbers - Work closely with cross-functional marketing team to drive the business including tracking, measuring and reporting on objectives.
- 8+ years of product and/or partner marketing experience in B2B technology; HR technology industry a plus
- 2+ years experience building and leading a team of high-performing individual contributors
- Proven track record of partnering with product management and business development to contribute to product and partnership strategy
- Experience researching new markets, developing TAM, presenting findings and building initial GTM plan for new markets and industries
- Exceptional team player with proven ability to lead through influence
- Strong partner and sales enablement skills
- Proven track record of crafting compelling joint messaging, positioning and content -- and translating that into effective campaigns -- with partners
- Experience working with direct distribution (sales) teams and channel partners
- Strong skills in communication, presenting, writing and ability to work well cross-functionally.
- Ability to lead through change, provide stability for teams and act as a liaison across multiple parts of a fast growing organization.
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top