Director of Engineering - Product
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has landed on Forbes' 'Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2016' List. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide second chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Checkr is looking for an experienced Director of Engineering to lead our product engineering teams. Our team works closely with Product, Sales, Business Development, Customer Service and Operations to ensure we’re building the best product for our customers. The teams are responsible for building our Enterprise SaaS capabilities, the fastest and most accurate background check report as well as the services on top of background checks that make us a differentiated industry leader. This involves meeting regularly with engineers, product and revenue team stakeholders to gather feedback from projects, product development, mentoring and general satisfaction.This team ensures that our products consistently deliver a caring, high-quality and delightful experience for our customers. This work directly impacts our mission in creating a fairer future - come help us change the world!
What a typical week week may look like at Checkr
- Optimizing engineering processes and policies
- Representing the team in planning and product meetings
- Planning and implementing hiring strategies to attract talent
- Advocate for Checkr engineering and management at industry events
What we value in an Director of Engineering
- 7+ years as an engineering manager with 3+ years managing managers
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience building products that work at web scale
- Able to develop inclusive teams to foster growth and diversity
- Worked at a startup
- Experience with microservices
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or work experience in related field
- Proficiency in React, Ruby or Python
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).
Back to top