Customer Support Engineer
- Flexible / Remote
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include, Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
As part of the Customer Support Engineering team at Checkr, the Customer Support Engineer is responsible for providing front-of-the-line technical support for our customers. The ideal candidate should be first-and-foremost concerned with the well-being of the customer, and applying creative problem solving skills where the resolution isn’t straight-forward. They must be excited by interacting with customers, able to display a high level of empathy towards the customer and have exemplary communication skills. Additionally, they should be curious about new technologies, especially those being used within the SaaS industry (APIs, ML/AI, etc).
- Provide technical support by way of identifying, classifying, troubleshooting, and resolving customer and partner facing technical issues
- Craft clear and empathetic responses to customers regarding various technical issues keeping them informed about resolution status and setting reasonable expectations
- Collect information and context around issues and effectively exercise judgment to escalate to the appropriate team
- Partner cross-functionally with engineering and product teams to verify functionality, resolve support cases, and identify areas for product improvement to enhance the customer experience
- Identify gaps in processes and procedures where Customer Support Engineering can elevate the customer experience in the most efficient manner possible
What you bring:
- A strong desire and proven ability to provide outstanding customer service every day
- You’re an excellent communicator, you enjoy making complex things simple to understand
- Writing clearly, with awareness of who your audience is and without grammatical errors, is something you have demonstrated experience in and enjoy doing
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, you see the patterns and things that others may miss
- Some experience in a customer facing technical position for a SaaS based company, especially one with a robust REST API
- Experience working within a ticket management system, Checkr uses ZenDesk
- Relative awareness of computer networking concepts such as protocols, infrastructure, and authentication methodologies
- Experience or knowledge in various coding languages is a plus but not required, especially in the following languages: HTML, JS, CSS, Ruby
- Candidates should consider applying, even if they do not meet all of these items
What you get:
- A high-growth and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $57,800-$68,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top