Customer Education Manager
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
Checkr is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Customer Education Manager, reporting to the Head of Customer Education, to design and develop customer-centric content, including: training videos, e-learning courses, articles, and other materials for our external partners, customers, and applicants. You may also do some delivery of the materials you create, although that’s not the emphasis of the role.
Since training is essential for enabling our partners’ understanding of Checkr’s products and the background check process, this individual must have experience designing and delivering engaging training programs and have a passion for continuous learning so that they are bringing best practices in learning to our customers, partners, and internal stakeholders.
- Design, develop, and iterate on highly polished, customer-facing training videos, slide decks, certification assessments, and other learning programs
- Develop (and in some cases lead) online trainings or workshops for customers, partners, and internal stakeholders
- Write and edit help content, including help center articles and in-product copy
- Monitor and measure effectiveness of all training programs and conduct evaluations to identify areas for improvement in training process
- Serve as project manager for multiple learning experiences
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years of related experience preferred, customer-facing education experience a plus
- High instructional/learning experience design and visual design skills
- Experience with online and classroom facilitation (ideally to customers)
- Ability to learn quickly and take on challenging or ambiguous new projects with enthusiasm
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a good sense of humor
- Previous experience in tech startup environment preferred
- Travel as needed to support on-site trainings and client visits
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).
Meet Some of Checkr's Employees
Co-founder & CEO
As the Co-founder and CEO, Daniel is responsible for leading the company through strategic growth that supports Checkr's mission.
Back to top