Staff Product Designer - Issuing
- London, United Kingdom
We're building the connected finance businesses deserve. Unleashing them with tomorrow's technology, today. Our flexible payments solutions help global enterprises - like Samsung, Deliveroo and Adidas - launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We liberate smart, passionate people to collaborate, innovate and do their best work - faster. That's why we're one of the most valuable fintech firms around. But we're just getting started. By cutting through financial complexity, we'll empower companies to change the world. Join us. Unlock your potential.
Build tomorrow, today.
Staff Product Designer at Checkout.com
As Checkout.com continues to build the next generation of online payment solutions and financial products, the role of Design within the organisation is becoming more critical with each day!
You will lead Design and help define the next generation Issuing platform with the idea to provide innovators out there with the tools to build disruptive solutions across the financial industry. Alongside your peers, you will define how we work, the culture, and optimise processes across the entire Design organisation.
You are an expert of your craft, and you will turn insights from real users into simple, appealing, and well-designed products supporting both user needs and business goals. You will work in a cross-functional team and collaborate with Product and Engineer Leads while having a comprehensive thinking on the process, from discovery to delivery. You will mentor other product designers while supporting multiple initiatives in the team.
Together with your colleagues, you will drive and push for excellence, raising the bar for the entire team!
- You care deeply. You believe you have a civic responsibility to your fellow human being that everything is made in the pursuit of perfection. You welcome criticism
- You're not an island. You can show and tell us how you've helped the people around you get better
- You think in systems. You can anticipate the ripple effects of small and large changes will have on the experience
- You highly prize being accountable. You take ownership for every action, confess faults and failures, strive for better, and build trust
- You place quality over speed, but you iterate and improve as swiftly as possible
- You're self motivated and can work independently. Because you can work from anywhere, we trust you to take the initiative making sure everyone has everything they need
- You love learning. You might not have experience for everything this role requires, but you're excited to grow and learn - sometimes 'wearing many hats' in a team
- The online payments / finance industry.
- Experience in designing WCAG compliant, accessible interfaces.
What you will be doing
- Lead the design across an entire product, defining a vision and a strategy that aligns user needs with business goals.
- Expert level in interaction and visual design crafting full products end to end.
- Explaining complex problems simply, and design solutions that make complex things easy.
- You keep pushing your work until all details are resolved elegantly.
- You systematically and pragmatically, visualise what customers are doing, thinking and feeling, converting that into patterns that are replicable across the product suite.
- You love making others better around you, especially your fellow designers, writers and researchers
- You are skilled in presenting your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and you're proactive in getting constructive feedback to help you produce your best work.
- Everything you do is in service to our customers, you create empathy towards them ensuring qualitative and quantitive research insights are woven into your solutions.
- Turn complex flows and interactions into simple and beautiful solutions that truly solves customer needs and accomplishes business goals.
- Balance long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for our products.
- Mentor other Designers through all parts of the design process.
- Support the DesignOps Team and the Design Systems team to make sure there is a consistent and aligned experience in every product.
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.
Want to see us in action?
Take a peek inside here.
More about Checkout.com
We empower businesses to adapt, innovate and thrive with the connected payments they deserve. Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1000 people across 17 international offices. To date, we've raised a total of $830 million, with our recent Series C valuing us at $15 billion.
We believe in equal opportunities
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.
Back to top