We're building the connected finance businesses deserve. Unleashing them with tomorrow's technology, today. Our flexible payments solutions help global enterprises - like Samsung, Deliveroo and Adidas - launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We liberate smart, passionate people to collaborate, innovate and do their best work - faster. That's why we're one of the most valuable fintech firms around. But we're just getting started. By cutting through financial complexity, we'll empower companies to change the world. Join us. Unlock your potential.
Build tomorrow, today.
About the role
Exposed to the entire software development lifecycle (SDLC), you will work on the specification, design, coding, testing and deployment of various solutions within a Microsoft .NET environment. The ideal candidate is passionate and spirited, lives and breathes Agile and firmly believes in creating clean, testable code.
About the Product
The Payments Platform team is responsible for the common software and infrastructure that underpins our real-time transaction processing products. Our main goal is to build a secure and reliable platform to support the 140+ engineers of the Payments group. We drive cross-team efforts such as re-architecting for scale, technical migrations (we are currently swapping out Checkout's main transaction storage system, with no downtime), and the adoption of SRE best-practices-observability, post-mortems, etc. The team is highly competent and has direct impact over customer experience and the company's KPIs.
- Design, develop, and deliver new features on our RESTful API and related services
- Collaborate with globally distributed and multidisciplinary teams
- Assist in requirements identification and in producing specifications
- Create and maintain a development environment for efficient testing and integration
- Assist QA to define acceptance tests
- Support the creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Participate in team knowledge management and make recommendations for continuous improvement of SDLC
- Contribute and adhere to coding standards, best practices, and procedures
- Mentor teammates
- Enjoy learning new skills and using the best tools for the job
- Solid experience in Software Development, Design and Architecture
- Strong knowledge and application of software design patterns
- Strong .NET framework knowledge
- Excellent practical knowledge of OOP concepts and SOLID principles
- Solid understanding of HTTP and RESTful design
- Hands-on experience with SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with Unit and Integration testing
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment workflows
- Cloud experience
- Superb communication skills, ability to interact effectively with multidisciplinary teams
- Fluent in English and C#
...and the nice to have
- AWS experience beneficialTerraform experience
- Working within a microservices architecture/distributed architecture
- Docker experience
- Experience of working in a compliance environment
- Scalability and high throughput software
- Finance/payments experience
What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.
Want to see us in action?
Take a peek inside here.
More about Checkout.com
We empower businesses to adapt, innovate and thrive with the connected payments they deserve. Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1000 people across 17 international offices. To date, we've raised a total of $830 million, with our recent Series C valuing us at $15 billion.
We believe in equal opportunities
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.