Software Engineer - Gateway
- London, United Kingdom
We're building the connected finance businesses deserve. Unleashing them with tomorrow's technology, today. Our flexible payments solutions help global enterprises - like Samsung, Deliveroo and Adidas - launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We liberate smart, passionate people to collaborate, innovate and do their best work - faster. That's why we're one of the most valuable fintech firms around. But we're just getting started. By cutting through financial complexity, we'll empower companies to change the world. Join us. Unlock your potential.
Build tomorrow, today.
Software Engineer at Checkout.com:
Exposed to the entire software development lifecycle (SDLC), you will work on the specification, design, coding, testing and deployment of various solutions within a Microsoft .NET environment.
The ideal candidate is passionate and upbeat, lives and breathes Agile and truly believes in creating clean, testable code.
The Gateway is the start of the journey for all merchants processing through Checkout.com. As the customer-facing component of the payment processing flow, downtime, errors, and delays in processing directly translate into lost revenue for our merchants. Because of this, performance, reliability, scalability, and transparency are the development principles that the team lives by. The Gateway team provide merchants with a unified API for processing payments, enabling card tokenization, smart routing to acquirers, productizing acquiring functionality, webhook notifications and much more.
- Enjoy learning new skills and using the best tools for the job
- Proven skills in Software Development, Design and Architecture
- Strong understanding and experience applying software design patterns
- Strong .NET framework knowledge (preferably .Net Core)
- Excellent practical knowledge of OOP concepts and SOLID principles
- Solid understanding of HTTP and RESTful design
- Hands-on experience with SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with Unit and Integration testing
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment workflows
- Cloud experience (preferably AWS)
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with multidisciplinary teams
- Fluent in English and C#
What will you be doing?
- Design, develop, and deliver new features on our RESTful API and related services
- Collaborate with globally distributed and multidisciplinary teams
- Build and maintain a development environment for efficient testing and integration
- Support the creation and maintenance of documentation
- Participate in team knowledge management and make recommendations for continuous improvement of SDLC
- Contribute to and enforce high coding standards and procedures
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.
Want to see us in action?
Take a peek inside here.
More about Checkout.com
We empower businesses to adapt, innovate and thrive with the connected payments they deserve. Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1000 people across 17 international offices. To date, we've raised a total of $830 million, with our recent Series C valuing us at $15 billion.
We believe in equal opportunities
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.
Back to top