Checkout.com is one of the most exciting and valuable fintechs in the world, with our Series D taking our valuation to $40 billion. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We're the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Binance, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That's why we're number 9 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and on Glassdoor's list of Top 10 fintechs to work for. And we're just getting started. We're building diverse and inclusive teams around the world - because that's how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. So, join us to build tomorrow, today.
Senior Software Engineer at Checkout.com:
Passionate about technology but not evangelists of any single one sums up our approach to technology selection, all developers are empowered to understand and question technology choice, an increasing number of our teams own the entire DevOps model for their products. The following are examples of technologies and frameworks used commonly throughout the business:
- .Net Core 3.1 and .Net 6
- Various SQL and NoSQL offerings
- Microservices based architectures
Many ongoing and upcoming technical projects here at Checkout.com are focused around the scalability and optimisation of highly performant systems, so if the above stack and the challenges facing a fast-scaling, technically focused company interest you, hopefully you can make a great impact here!
Finance and Treasury Services are a suite of products responsible for enhancing and optimisation Checkout.com's financial processes, becoming the golden source and distribution hub of financial data to a variety of end user groups. With Checkout.com's fast paced growth and complex business domain we thrive in the ongoing challenges of data integrity, granularity, and scalability.
As part of Checkout.com's Finance and Treasury Services product group, the FX team is responsible for building and managing the company's foreign exchange data solution, and risk and exposure management suite. We focus on enabling the company's exponential growth by providing highly available and scalable APIs, improving data accuracy and supporting proactive risk management.
- Enjoy learning new skills and using the best tools for the job
- Superb communication skills, ability to interact effectively with multidisciplinary teams
- Solid experience in Software Development, Design and Architecture
- Strong knowledge and application of software design patterns
- Excellent practical knowledge of OOP concepts and SOLID principles
- Strong experience with C# and .NET
- Solid understanding of HTTP and RESTful design
- Hands-on experience with SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with Acceptance testing automation
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment workflows
- Cloud-based application development experience
What You Will Be Doing:
- Collaborate with our multidisciplinary team to deliver key functionalities
- Design, develop, and deliver new features on our foreign exchange & payouts services
- Assist in requirements identification and in producing specifications
- Create and maintain a development environment for efficient testing and integration
- Assist QA to define acceptance tests to be automated
- Support the creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Coach and mentor more junior team members and participate in team knowledge sharing
- Proactively make recommendations for continuous improvement of SDLC and operational efficiency
- Contribute and adhere to our API coding standards, best practices, and procedures
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.
Want to see us in action?
Take a peek inside here.
More about Checkout.com
Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1800 people across 19 international offices. To date, we've raised a total of $1.8 billion, with our Series D valuing us at $40 billion.
We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world - and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we'll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We'd love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We'll be happy to support you.