Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
- London, United Kingdom
We're building the connected finance businesses deserve. Unleashing them with tomorrow's technology, today. Our flexible payments solutions help global enterprises - like Samsung, Deliveroo and Adidas - launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We liberate smart, passionate people to collaborate, innovate and do their best work - faster. That's why we're one of the most valuable fintech firms around. But we're just getting started. By cutting through financial complexity, we'll empower companies to change the world. Join us. Unlock your potential.
Build tomorrow, today.
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test at Checkout.com:
As a Senior Software Developer in Test, you will work against a pre-defined test strategy for your product and make a significant contribution towards scripting tests using a modern and cutting edge automation framework. Your natural problem-solving skills, inquisitive mind and attention to detail will contribute towards a strong culture of quality across the organisation and have a significant impact on the service we provide.
- 3+ years of professional experience within e-commerce or fintech
- Good experience working within a fast-paced Agile team
- Excellent fault finding, debugging and diagnostic skills
- Solid understanding of micro-services
- Familiar with REST API and Web GUI testing
- Experience using clients like POSTMAN and Swagger
- Comfortable using SQL with an understanding of databases
- Comfortable using continuous integration tools like Teamcity and Jenkins
- Extremely organised and methodical whilst remaining pragmatic
- Confident collaborating with technical and non-technical stakeholders
What you will be doing
- Analyse complex business requirements and consistently provide constructive feedback
- Contribute towards testability in order to influence application design
- Make an active contribution to all Agile rituals (standups, retros, planning, etc)
- Author test plans and supporting technical documentation
- Proactively engage with all stakeholders to close gaps in requirements
- Consistently perform manual exploratory tests when required
- Define and record test cases using Gherkin syntax
- Debug, record and manage defects throughout their lifecycle
- Contribute towards test framework maintenance
- Track quality metrics and generate reports for stakeholders
- Contribute towards the wider QA community to facilitate knowledge sharing
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.
Want to see us in action?
Take a peek inside here.
More about Checkout.com
We empower businesses to adapt, innovate and thrive with the connected payments they deserve. Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1000 people across 17 international offices. To date, we've raised a total of $830 million, with our recent Series C valuing us at $15 billion.
We believe in equal opportunities
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.
Back to top