Checkout.com is one of the most exciting and valuable fintechs in the world, with our Series D taking our valuation to $40 billion. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We're the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Binance, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That's why we're number 9 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and on Glassdoor's list of Top 10 fintechs to work for. And we're just getting started. We're building diverse and inclusive teams around the world - because that's how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. So, join us to build tomorrow, today.
Product Director - Developer Platform
Developer experience, efficiency, and scalability are at the heart of the Developer Platform team. You'll define the vision and implement the strategies that influence how engineers are working across Checkout.com's engineering teams. The Developer Platform team has a wide remit and is dedicated to DevOps topics like CI/CD and infrastructure deployments along with the use of automations and tooling to help teams move faster and operate their own software more efficiently.
As a Product Director, you'll guide a team of experienced technologists to develop a world class developer experience through every step of the product delivery lifecycle. Your leadership is what the team is looking for.
- 5+ years or Product experience and 3 + years of experience leading product teams for
- You're a technologist at heart, with a previous background as a Software Engineer
- You're passionate about the developer experience and tooling that is a joy to work with
- You're able to explain complex concepts in a simple way when it comes to technology
- Attention to detail is your second nature. You sweat the details.
- You take "geek" as a compliment
- Superb communication skills, ability to interact effectively with multidisciplinary teams
- Fluent in English
What You Will Be Doing:
- Building the Developer Platform used by engineers at Checkout.com
- Improving our Developer experience with a forward-thinking DevOps based vision using automations, tooling, as well as bespoke internal applications and services.
- Working and engaging with teams across the company to understand how best we can serve them with our platform solutions.
- Representing the company thought leadership internally and externally
What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.
Want to see us in action?
Take a peek inside here.
More about Checkout.com
We empower businesses to adapt, innovate and thrive with the connected payments they deserve. Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1800 people across 19 international offices. To date, we've raised a total of $1.8 billion, with our Series D valuing us at $40 billion.
We believe in equal opportunities
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.