Checkout.com is one of the most exciting and valuable fintechs in the world. We're the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Binance and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That's why we're number 9 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and on Glassdoor's list of Top 10 fintechs to work for. And we're just getting started. We're building diverse and inclusive teams around the world - because that's how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. So, join us to build tomorrow, today.
About the role
Checkout.com is seeking a Product Analyst to join our Gateway Product team, based in our London office. Our passion is to change the world of online payments and the Product team sits at the heart of achieving our ambitious vision and goals.
You will be focusing on the Gateway within Checkout.com, which serves as the entry point and processing platform for all payments that Checkout.com accepts, be that pay-ins, pay-outs, cards, alternative payment methods and everything in between. With the Gateway being an integral part of Checkout.com's payment processing solution, you'll have a unique opportunity to contribute from day one to the future success of the product.
You will report to our Product Lead for Gateway and work closely with our engineers, delivery and business stakeholders to help shape the future of online payments. Acting as an important bridge between these stakeholders, you will understand desired outcomes for our clients, elicit requirements and then translate them into coherent functionalities that can be implemented for our innovative and groundbreaking products. We work in an agile and very dynamic environment, requiring you to be flexible and adaptable.
About the Product - Gateway
The Gateway is the start of the journey for all merchants processing through Checkout.com. As the customer-facing component of the payment processing flow, downtime, errors, and delays in processing directly translate into lost revenue for our merchants. Because of this, performance, reliability, scalability, and visibility are the development principles that the team lives by. The Gateway team is responsible for providing merchants with a unified API for processing payments, enabling card tokenization, smart routing to acquirers, productizing acquiring functionality, webhook notifications and much more.
- Be inquisitive and dig deep to understand the needs and pain points of our clients, together with Business stakeholders
- Take the lead in designing a seamless user and integration experience for our merchants
- Work with stakeholders to understand their needs, and subsequently produce business and functional requirements, as well as inputting into technical requirements
- Weigh up considerations in order to prioritize the product roadmap to unlock the most value
- Find and communicate solutions to large and/or complex needs
- Work with Engineers and Delivery to deliver value-adding solutions, identifying and managing any delivery risks along the way
- Work with other product teams to identify and manage cross-team dependencies
- Collaborate with various stakeholders in a effective way to deliver outcomes for the product
- Communicate product and process changes to stakeholders across the business
- Develop, optimise & document business processes
- Approach improvement opportunities with a flexible mindset
- Convey and elicit excitement about the product vision
- 2+ years hands-on Product Analyst experience in a fast-paced Technology start-up
- Solid knowledge of today's eCommerce and payments technologies, players and upcoming trends is a plus
- Aspiration to grow your product management skills within a fast-paced tech startup
- Exposure to a range of project delivery methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, Kanban
- Experience with tools such as JIRA, Confluence and GitHub is a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure, balance multiple priorities and consistently meet tight deadlines
- Superb communication skills, ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary stakeholders to drive outcomes
- Avid reader of all technology publications and blogs
- Technical background or experience working with RESTful APIs is a plus
- Degree Educated
- Fluency in English
What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.
Want to see us in action?
Take a peek inside here.
More about Checkout.com
We empower businesses to adapt, innovate and thrive with the connected payments they deserve. Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1000 people across 17 international offices. To date, we've raised a total of $830 million, with our recent Series C valuing us at $15 billion.
We believe in equal opportunities
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.