We're building the connected finance businesses deserve. Unleashing them with tomorrow's technology, today. Our flexible payments solutions help global enterprises - like Samsung, Deliveroo and Adidas - launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We liberate smart, passionate people to collaborate, innovate and do their best work - faster. That's why we're one of the most valuable fintech firms around. But we're just getting started. By cutting through financial complexity, we'll empower companies to change the world. Join us. Unlock your potential.
Build tomorrow, today.
Principal Engineer at Checkout.com
As a Principal Engineer at Checkout.com, you will be leading the design of cloud based products, defining the standards for microservices architecture and working together with the product and engineering leadership, constantly raising the quality bar of the whole product portfolio.
You will be working alongside product teams guiding them to reach their goals through defining resilient architecture as well as starting and leading new initiatives in their early stages. You are an expert in distributed systems architecture and act as a coach and mentor to technical leadership.
- 10+ years' experience in building large scale distributed systems
- Expert level experience in software development and design, including data models
- Experience in banking and/or fintech sector is a strong plus, but not a must have
- Excellent written and verbal skills than enable breaking down complex technical long term objectives to logical building blocks
- An understanding of finance; specifically the operation of a general ledger and basic accounting practises and principles is a strong plus
- Superb communication skills, ability to interact effectively with multidisciplinary teams
- Proven operating experience in agile delivery mindset across multiple product engineering teams
- Fluent in English
What you will be doing
- Defining systems design standards for product engineering teams
- Leading the architecture definition and scoping of transformation projects and making sure product teams are following the standards
- Look across teams for opportunities to improve architectural design patterns, initiating change to remove complexity
- Researching new technologies and prototyping potential solutions
- Representing the company thought leadership internally and externally
What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.
Want to see us in action?
Take a peek inside here.
More about Checkout.com
We empower businesses to adapt, innovate and thrive with the connected payments they deserve. Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1000 people across 17 international offices. To date, we've raised a total of $830 million, with our recent Series C valuing us at $15 billion.
We believe in equal opportunities
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.