We're building the connected finance businesses deserve. Unleashing them with tomorrow's technology, today. Our flexible payments solutions help global enterprises - like Samsung, Deliveroo and Adidas - launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We liberate smart, passionate people to collaborate, innovate and do their best work - faster. That's why we're one of the most valuable fintech firms around. But we're just getting started. By cutting through financial complexity, we'll empower companies to change the world. Join us. Unlock your potential.
Build tomorrow, today.
Editorial and Insights Manager at Checkout.com
We are looking for a data analysis expert with a creative approach to help us tell important, eye-catching and compelling stories through numbers. As part of our Editorial team, you'll mine Checkout.com's proprietary transaction data to build out high-impact content about the future of digital payments and finance for our thought leadership reports, events, public affairs and news media.
We want to build a reputation as a source of genuinely captivating research that shapes industry discussion and is a joy to consume. So far Checkout.com's Editorial function has built a body of research by conducting large scale surveys, wide-ranging interviews as well as through 3rd party partnerships with econometricians.
Now, we want to deepen the quality of our quantitative analysis and narrative by drawing deeply on our own real-time transaction data to tell captivating stories about the future of payments that no one else could tell! If this fuels your curiosity and appetite for exploration and analysis then this could be the role for you.The position is based in London and will require you to work closely with key-stakeholders across multiple business functions globally.
What you will be doing:
- Establishing strong relationships across the business (in particular with Strategy/BI, Risk and Performance teams) to uncover the powerful payments data that matters, owned by Checkout.com
- Working with our Senior Editorial Manager to support research whitepapers by finding relevant proprietary data that highlight the wider marketing narratives.
- Devising hypotheses regarding internal payments data and produce robust substantial data sets for use across various thought leadership and communications initiatives.
- Monitoring this data/hypotheses over time to create richer insights and forecasts that Checkout.com can become 'famous for' over time.
- Partnering with other FinTech, payments industry players and schemes (eg Plaid, Visa, Mastercard, Shopify) to combine their internal data with our own to create bigger picture stories about what is happening in the world of digital transactions
- Working with the design team to come up with exciting and eye catching ways to communicate data including real-time data
- You have strong analytical skills, are confident with numbers and data and enjoy looking at spreadsheets to identify the meaning in statistical data.
- You have approximately 2 years experience in consultancy, insights and BI or data analytics in B2B enterprise or financial services environments.
- You have strong communications skills and are able to present analytical arguments in a pithy and easy-to-read style.
- You are an imaginative problem solver who enjoys joining the dots and communicating dry data in exciting and compelling ways
- Naturally curious, you are looking to expand your technical knowledge in payments, technology, e-commerce, regulation, finance and banking (pre-existing knowledge of payments and FinTech would be very useful).
- You are familiar with SQL programming language and Looker (data management).
- You are a phenomenal teammate with strong leadership skills, confident and pro-active when working with senior executives internally and externally.
- Appetite to build something from the ground up.
- Excellent attention to detail and a flexible approach to work.
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.
Want to see us in action?
Take a peek inside here.
More about Checkout.com
We empower businesses to adapt, innovate and thrive with the connected payments they deserve. Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1000 people across 17 international offices. To date, we've raised a total of $830 million, with our recent Series C valuing us at $15 billion.
We believe in equal opportunities
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.