Checkout.com is one of the most exciting and valuable fintechs in the world, with our Series D taking our valuation to $40 billion. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We're the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Binance, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That's why we're number 9 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and on Glassdoor's list of Top 10 fintechs to work for. And we're just getting started. We're building diverse and inclusive teams around the world - because that's how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. So, join us to build tomorrow, today.
DevOps Engineer at Checkout.com:
You will be working alongside talented DevOps engineers solving major Cloud challenges. You will be taking ownership of two primary goals: to help us meet & exceed infrastructure performance goals, and to build and extend the platform in new ways.
You will work with Terraform, Kubernetes, Packer, Ansible, and a collection of AWS services. Joining a high-growth global FinTech Company and collaborating with enthusiastic and excellence-driven engineers, you will gain exposure to a fast-scaling Cloud environment where you will be able to learn while making a real impact.
- 2+ years of experience designing and operating distributed systems based on Linux
- 1+ year experience with AWS/GCP/Azure
- 1+ year experience with infrastructure-as-code, such as Terraform
- Experience with scripting - Python, bash
- Experience with CI / CD pipelines such as Jenkins
- 1+ year experience with Docker
- 1+ year experience with cluster orchestration systems (Kubernetes, Mesos, Nomad...)
- Experience with Git
- Good knowledge of network infrastructure design & public cloud architecture
- Self-motivated, able to deliver consistent results through problem solving
- Autonomous, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal guidance
What you will be doing
- Collaborate with passionate technologists across multiple disciplines to establish and meet security, resiliency and performance requirements.
- Design and operate infrastructure that processes millions of transactions every day.
- Work to create and distribute best-practices for future-proof service development to the rest of the team.
- Continuously evaluate the team's workflow and contribute to its improvement and automation.
- Join our team in our on-call rotation to ensure the high performance of our payment platform.
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.
Want to see us in action?
Take a peek inside here.
More about Checkout.com
Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1800 people across 19 international offices. To date, we've raised a total of $1.8 billion, with our Series D valuing us at $40 billion.
We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world - and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we'll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We'd love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We'll be happy to support you.