- London, United Kingdom
We're building the connected finance businesses deserve. Unleashing them with tomorrow's technology, today. Our flexible payments solutions help global enterprises - like Samsung, Deliveroo and Adidas - launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We liberate smart, passionate people to collaborate, innovate and do their best work - faster. That's why we're one of the most valuable fintech firms around. But we're just getting started. By cutting through financial complexity, we'll empower companies to change the world. Join us. Unlock your potential.
Build tomorrow, today.
DevOps Engineer at Checkout.com:
You will be working alongside talented DevOps engineers solving major Cloud challenges. You will be taking ownership of two primary goals: to help us meet & exceed infrastructure performance goals, and to build and extend the platform in new ways.
You will work with Terraform, Kubernetes, Packer, Ansible, and a collection of AWS services. Joining a high-growth global FinTech Company and collaborating with enthusiastic and excellence-driven engineers, you will gain exposure to a fast-scaling Cloud environment where you will be able to learn while making a real impact.
- 2+ years of experience designing and operating distributed systems based on Linux
- 1+ year experience with AWS/GCP/Azure
- 1+ year experience with infrastructure-as-code, such as Terraform
- Experience with scripting - Python, bash
- Experience with CI / CD pipelines such as Jenkins
- 1+ year experience with Docker
- 1+ year experience with cluster orchestration systems (Kubernetes, Mesos, Nomad...)
- Experience with Git
- Good knowledge of network infrastructure design & public cloud architecture
- Self-motivated, able to deliver consistent results through problem solving
- Autonomous, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal guidance
What you will be doing
- Collaborate with passionate technologists across multiple disciplines to establish and meet security, resiliency and performance requirements.
- Design and operate infrastructure that processes millions of transactions every day.
- Work to create and distribute best-practices for future-proof service development to the rest of the team.
- Continuously evaluate the team's workflow and contribute to its improvement and automation.
- Join our team in our on-call rotation to ensure the high performance of our payment platform.
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.
Want to see us in action?
Take a peek inside here.
More about Checkout.com
We empower businesses to adapt, innovate and thrive with the connected payments they deserve. Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1000 people across 17 international offices. To date, we've raised a total of $830 million, with our recent Series C valuing us at $15 billion.
We believe in equal opportunities
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.
Back to top