Checkout.com is one of the most exciting and valuable fintechs in the world. We're the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Binance and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That's why we're number 9 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and on Glassdoor's list of Top 10 fintechs to work for. And we're just getting started. We're building diverse and inclusive teams around the world - because that's how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. So, join us to build tomorrow, today.
About the role
This is an exciting time to be joining the organisation as the system environment is going through rapid changes having moved to AWS in recent years, making it a great chance to bring all your creative ideas to help build a system for the future.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about technology and relish a challenge. We are looking for an individual who enjoys their engineering work and treats this as a hobby, not just a job. The role is very much hands-on where you will help to take our database architecture to the next level.
You will have the opportunity to work with passionate and driven engineers and contribute to making a real difference.
What you will be doing
- Day-to-day management of DBE and associated tasks across all environments
- Work alongside of engineering and multi-disciplined product teams based in different locations
- Provide on-call and operational support after hours, as needed
- Get hands-on with query and system optimisation work including; troubleshooting and resolving database issues - ensuring all the systems are performing to a high standard on a day-to-day basis
- Lead, coordinate and help to implement database changes for in-house code releases and for database maintenance releases
- DBE/DBA experience covering MySQL and MS SQL Server 2016 (or 2014)
- On-Prem and cloud environment experience
- Excellent performance tuning skills (experience of Query Tuning, Indexing, Locking etc.).
- Proven cloud DB administration experience like AWS, Microsoft, Google, etc
- Exceptional customer focussed, attention to detail and organisation skills as well as being able to work under pressure
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of Aurora, Dynamo, RDS, and Couchbase is a plus
- AWS cloud certifications
- Cloud deployment automation technologies and methodologies: Terraform, JSON templates, CI/CD
- Familiar with change management processes (ITIL), Jira and service desk software in an agile environment
- Prior experience in a 24x7, high-traffic OLTP environments advantages
What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.
Want to see us in action?
Take a peek inside here.
More about Checkout.com
We empower businesses to adapt, innovate and thrive with the connected payments they deserve. Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1000 people across 17 international offices. To date, we've raised a total of $830 million, with our recent Series C valuing us at $15 billion.
We believe in equal opportunities
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.