Checkout.com is one of the most exciting and valuable fintechs in the world, with our Series D taking our valuation to $40 billion. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We're the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Binance, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That's why we're number 9 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and on Glassdoor's list of Top 10 fintechs to work for. And we're just getting started. We're building diverse and inclusive teams around the world - because that's how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. So, join us to build tomorrow, today.
Cloud System Engineer at Checkout.com
Checkout.com (CKO) is looking for a Cloud Systems Engineer to work as part of the IT Team to assist in many of the day-to-day tasks critical to the team's success. The applicant will help to craft, deliver, and support CKO's IT infrastructure while ensuring delivery is scripted, and automated to ensure simple, consistent, and reliable deployment. Other duties will include documentation of applications and standards, maintenance of ticketing queues, general assistance with projects, troubleshooting, and some after-hours support.
- AWS experience (Certifications strongly desirable) - deploying, managing, and supporting EC2, EBS, ECS, IAM, S3 & ALB
- Terraform scripting skills with a key focus on Infrastructure As Code (IaC) and automation.
- Knowledge of AWS Public Cloud Architecture (VPC, Networking, Multi-Account)
- Strong knowledge of Linux or Microsoft Windows Server operating systems
- Knowledge of configuration management tools e.g. Ansible
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins)
- Experienced with Git
What you will be doing
- Architect systems using well-accepted design patterns to enable future scaling. Make design decisions that minimize the cost of future changes
- Drive technical innovation and efficiency in cloud infrastructure operations via automation
- Work with project management teams to ensure that project work is understood and timescales are committed to and met
- Responsible for the technical review/approval of IT changes and implementation of the most complex changes
- Build and update infrastructure documentation
- Become thoroughly familiar with all compliance and security requirements, adhering to all policy and standards
- Ensure continued alignment to IT Service Management process (primarily around Change, Incident, and Problem Management) and where possible, design and/or automate yourself out of any of the above duties
What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.
Want to see us in action?
Take a peek inside here.
More about Checkout.com
We empower businesses to adapt, innovate and thrive with the connected payments they deserve. Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1800 people across 19 international offices. To date, we've raised a total of $1.8 billion, with our Series D valuing us at $40 billion.
We believe in equal opportunities
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.