Vice President Of Operations
Click here to Learn More about a Career with Chartwells Higher Education
Vice President of Operations
Reports to: RVP
At Chartwells Higher Education, people are at the core of our business. Together we build innovative food service concepts and serve fresh, local and nutritious meals at over 270 college campuses across the country. Twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News, at Chartwells we take pride in creating opportunities for associates to grow their careers and achieve their development goals within the company.
An Exciting Leadership Opportunity to provide overall direction and guidance to business operations with the objective of maximizing growth and profitability. Plans and directs operations within the business to support the Key Performance Indicators. Plans objectives and ensures management is in compliance with corporate, regional and financial goals. This position is based in Texas.
The VP of Operations is an experienced, strategic leader with proven management experience. Direct a team and provides overall planning, direction, evaluation and control to assigned operation to achieve business and financial goals. Provides guidance and motivation to the entire university team. Establishes and maintains effective customer/client rapport.
What Will You Do?
- Participates in strategic planning meetings to develop objectives of the Division and assigned region.
- Develops, recommends and implements policies and procedures for the region to ensure maximum income from existing accounts.
- Acquires profitable new business and expands existing business within the assigned geographic area. Participates in the sales process for the acquisition of new business. Coordinates the development of proposals and contracts. Prepares and conducts presentations to prospective clients.
- Conducts regular team meetings with regional team members to discuss current objectives.
- Prepares agendas and conducts training sessions and presentations on issues regarding quality, safety, and human resources.
- Develops and maintains the annual budget for the assigned region. Monitors financial reports of the region to ensure budgetary compliance with Regional and Corporate goals.
- Visits units regularly to inspect unit operations to ensure contract compliance.
- Interfaces with existing clients to maintain client satisfaction and account retention.
- Conducts appropriate annual and semi-annual performance evaluations.
- Completes all daily, weekly or monthly reports as outlined in the corporate policy and procedures on a timely basis meeting all prescribed deadlines.
- Projects and practices consistent ownership attributes, which provide a high level of customer service at all points of contact.
- Train, motivate and develop management personnel to achieve a high level of morale and efficient use of human resources.
Do You Have?
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Experience directly managing 80M in volume and 40M indirect responsibility.
- Experienced command of higher education contract/meal plans and revenue structure.
- Client/customer driven professional with measurable results.
- Established understanding/experience of Compass/Chartwells standards/programs/systems.
- Proven track record to lead/build high performing teams.
- Vested interest to mentor and grow professionals to build bench strength and talent.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence.
- Excellent presentation skills Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- A proven track record as an innovative and profit centered manager.
- A demonstrated ability to assess and grow: people, operations, equipment, and revenue.
- Proven ability to enhance profitability, sustainability, and creativity across all channels in alignment with business strategy.
- Ability to efficiently and accurately analyze current performance trends and identify leading indicators for future trends.
- Ability to remain engaged with the external culinary and foodservice community to bring forth current trends for adoption in our business.
- Proven industry contacts and relationships that can be leveraged in attracting and selecting other culinary senior team member.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree or MBA highly desirable
- Proven ability to manage a team of six or more director level or above team members.
- Minimum of eight (8) years' experience in multi-unit foodservice management or hospitality operations.
- Experience with multi-unit hospitality management.
- Strong track record of driving client and customer satisfaction.
- Proven ability in developing and implementing new business models in the global foodservice or similar market desired.
- Proven ability to work effectively in an unstructured, fast-paced and P&L driven environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with computers; to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet.
- Overnight travel required in this position.
Apply to Chartwells Higher Education today!
Chartwells Higher Education is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Activation Date: Tuesday, June 6, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, June 7, 2018
Meet Some of Chartwells Higher Education's Employees
Chief Executive Officer
Lisa focuses on giving passionate and high-performing employees at Chartwells the necessary tools and creative spaces to get their job done and move the company forward into the next generation.
Back to top