Click here to Learn More about a Career with Chartwells Higher Education
At Chartwells Higher Education, people are at the core of our business. Together we build innovative food service concepts and serve fresh, local and nutritious meals at over 270 college campuses across the country. Twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News, at Chartwells we take pride in creating opportunities for associates to grow their careers and achieve their development goals within the company.
Our Dining programs bring students together and serve as centers of academic life on the campuses that we serve. Our mission is to nourish and inspire and to be the place where hungry minds gather!
LOCATION: Bard College, Annendale-on-Hudson, NY
Join our Culinary team! Currently seeking a strong Sous Chef to primarily support our Board & Catering programs at Bard College and assist our Executive Chef in daily operations. Home to 2,000+ Students, this historic private liberal arts college in Annandale-on-Hudson, in the town of Red Hook in Dutchess County, NY stands on 150 years of tradition. Grow your culinary career now and experience all that Bard has to offer!
- Manage cost controls and control expenditures for this P&L account
- Plan and create nutritious menus for students and staff
- Primarily support Board and Catering programs
- Purchase goods and manage inventory
- Implement new Culinary programs in conjunction with Chartwells Marketing and Culinary teams
- Culinary Degree preferred
- Three to five years of culinary Management experience
- Prior Higher Education Dining experience with strong knowledge of Catering and Board concepts required
- Strong leadership skills
- Desire to work with an IndustryLleader
- Ability to work mid shift (11:00 am - 8:00 pm) including evenings and weekends when needed; Sundays & Mondays off
- Knowledge of current Culinary trends
Apply to Chartwells Higher Education today!
Chartwells Higher Education is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Location: New York-Kingston
Activation Date: Wednesday, July 19, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, July 20, 2018
Meet Some of Chartwells Higher Education's Employees
Chief Executive Officer
Lisa focuses on giving passionate and high-performing employees at Chartwells the necessary tools and creative spaces to get their job done and move the company forward into the next generation.
Back to top