Regional Executive Chef / Campus dining
Click here to Learn More about a Career with Chartwells Higher Education
At Chartwells Higher Education, people are at the core of our business. Together we build innovative food service concepts and serve fresh, local and nutritious meals at over 270 college campuses across the country. Twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News, at Chartwells we take pride in creating opportunities for associates to grow their careers and achieve their development goals within the company.
Regional Executive Chef - Western USA
Ideal Location to Reside:
Ideal Location to Reside: Illinois, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Missouri, or Texas (must reside within 1 hr of an large airport)
You are the Expert! Lead Executive Chefs on our Campuses to Influence a Generation
The Regional Executive Chef is responsible for providing culinary expertise and managerial leadership adhering to all culinary standards and operational excellence for Chartwells Higher Education while driving overall sector and profitability goals. The Regional Executive Chef will lead, coach and develop our teams of skilled chefs to achieve guest satisfaction while maintaining effective costs and profits with consistent execution.
Here's what we need from you...
- Monitor compliance and leading execution of culinary standards across a regional portfolio
- Drive financial performance
- Troubleshoot performance outliers – financial, culinary, operational
- Develop talent and succession planning while attracting new candidates
- Foster a food culture
- Be Our Brand Ambassador at culinary and industry conferences/networking events
- Enhance client relationships while participating in client/sales presentations
- Be innovative and a trend steward
- Drive health, wellness and sustainability initiatives
- Execute "out of this world" catering and all you care to eat services.
- Create and maintain a safe and empowering environment for all staff.
- Provide recognition for performance and encourage open communication and commitment
- Provide coaching and guidance on improving the mindset and skill set of culinary staff, and provide the appropriate tool set to perform their jobs.
- Hold your Team of Executive Chefs accountable to yours and Chartwells Higher Ed culinary standards
- Culinary Arts Degree from a recognized Culinary school or Certified Executive Chef accreditation
- Ten (10) years of food service management experience
- Three (3) years of multi-unit experience
- Serv-Safe Certification
- This position will require 75% travel
- Communication skills that create positive impact and engagement (written, verbal and presentations)
- Ability to quickly build trust and effective working relationships across various stakeholder groups (i.e. potential clients, corporate, regional field teams)
- Capable of managing and developing high performance teams
- Innovative problem solver with the ability to influence and create "win-win" partnerships
- Planning, organization and follow up skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with sensitive deadlines and changing environments
- Strategic decision making with strong business and financial acumen and analysis
- Proficiency in Microsoft computer skills (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, presentation experience
Apply to Chartwells Higher Education today!
Chartwells Higher Education is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Location: Minnesota-St. Paul
Activation Date: Tuesday, June 6, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, June 7, 2018
Meet Some of Chartwells Higher Education's Employees
Chief Executive Officer
Lisa focuses on giving passionate and high-performing employees at Chartwells the necessary tools and creative spaces to get their job done and move the company forward into the next generation.
Back to top