Regional Director Of Marketing
Click here to Learn More about a Career with Chartwells Higher Education
At Chartwells Higher Education, people are at the core of our business. Together we build innovative food service concepts and serve fresh, local and nutritious meals at over 270 college campuses across the country. Twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News, at Chartwells we take pride in creating opportunities for associates to grow their careers and achieve their development goals within the company.
The Regional Director of Marketing, Higher Education leads the marketing function for East-Central Region of the United States, supporting growth, innovation, customer and client experiences and stewards the Chartwells brand.
Working across a regional portfolio of campus locations, supporting their operations team, this role spans a wide variety activities and has a dynamic, fast pace with room for self-direction and local innovation. This position will craft, coach and inspire unit and district level marketing managers to achieve goals related to meal plan sales, retail innovation, guest communication and social media approaches and impact.
This critical regional leadership role will also play a strong part in new sales activities and client presentations, utilizing insights and industry knowledge to create a vision for future campus innovation.
Key Role Activities:
- Serve as part of the leadership team who presents our brand and campus experience for new business and client retention opportunities.
- Create and present vision plans to implement innovation for campus partners applying a customized-approach to each.
- Lead social media as the content advisor and standards keeper across campus locations in the regional geography that highlights key brand messaging and campus success stories on behalf of our clients.
- Act as an insight collection and curation hub, providing a thought-leadership position within our industry and on behalf of our clients.
- Create and participate in client innovation updates, making strategic recommendations based on collected consumer insights.
- Drive innovative sales marketing for campus meal-plans and on-going improvement, as reported through senior leadership updates.
- Constantly improve retail growth by applying strong retail execution principles, pricing, product assortment and promotional activities
- Bachelors degree required, Masters preferred. Culinary, hospitality or hotel management degree is desirable
- Experience with B2C marketing program development, ideally with a background in B2B marketing as well. (including, product, promotion, price, placement and positioning)
- Ability to work with a wide variety of internal functions including purchasing, culinary, merchandising and design and build.
- A background understanding of operations which enables field-friendly and executable development.
- Interpersonal skills which support the ability to influence without direct authority, holding standards of new programs high and ensuring field execution.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to adjust content across stakeholders from C-suite level to field and line workers.
- Detail oriented with strong writing skills to create and steward brand materials and voice.
- Base understanding of the financial components of contract foodservice and origins of revenue, margin, costs and risks.
- A proclivity for self-direction, having reached a career level that enables independent working.
- Personal characteristics of business maturity and candor, business acumen, creativity and persistence in driving evolution. Intellectual and career curiosity, and a compassionate nature that enables collective success will also be key to the success in this role.
Position will be located in home office residing in the Chicago area
Frequent travel required, up to 75%, commonly 2 - 4 days per week visiting client locations
Apply to Chartwells Higher Education today!
Chartwells Higher Education is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Activation Date: Friday, August 4, 2017
Expiration Date: Sunday, August 5, 2018
Meet Some of Chartwells Higher Education's Employees
Chief Executive Officer
Lisa focuses on giving passionate and high-performing employees at Chartwells the necessary tools and creative spaces to get their job done and move the company forward into the next generation.
Back to top