Manager In Training - Front Of House
Take a Virtual Tour into MIT Reality!
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you've been hungry and away from home, chances are you've tasted Compass Group's delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 200,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states.
Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
Position: Manager in Training Program (Hospitality/FOH)
Unique opportunities for highly talented, motivated individuals that will take on managerial assignments in operational areas like:
- Café Management
- Catering Management
- Retail Management
- Patient Services Management
- Dining Services Management
- Customer Service Management
MIT Program Overview:
The Manager in Training (MIT) program is an entry level program that helps participants drive their career with Compass Group. The MIT platform is designed with a blend of operational experiences, new manager and leadership skills taught through distance, self-directed, hands on and live classroom learning. This creates a robust learning opportunity for participants to build the skills and knowledge needed to become a leader while developing a professional network and personal brand. Supporting the MIT participants are their program sponsors, training site managers and training site team. They are there to guide MITs, share best practices and provide support to help MIT's develop into GREAT Compass managers! This program has three very specific program start dates; January, June and August of each year. When you start, you will be assigned to a temporary training location to complete the on-site/hands-on portion of your experience. Upon successful completion of the manager in training program, relocation within your assigned region is required to be considered for placement opportunities. NOTE: Placement or promotional opportunity to a full-time employment position upon completion of the MIT Program is based upon your performance and business need and is not guaranteed.
Compass Group Participating Sectors:
Opportunities across the United States.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree received by August 2018 or any time prior
- 1 year of customer service/hospitality work experience or a related internship is preferred
- This is an entry-level position and no management experience is required
- Must be open to relocation during training and upon completion of the training program
- Competency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Driver's license preferred
- Should be flexible, adaptable and have ability to act quickly with little or no supervision
- Career-minded self-starter with a can-do attitude who desires to lead and inspire groups of people
- Demonstrates financial acumen including profit and loss management, inventory and cash handling skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally before groups, clients, customers and/or employees
- Strong organization skills with ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines in a changing work environment
- Possess an understanding of contract administration and client relations
- Basic knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, safety and marketing
Apply to Compass Group today!
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Location: Central Region, Great Lakes Region, Mid-Atlantic Region, Northeast Region, Northwest Region, South Central Region, Southeast Region, Southwest Region, United States (US), West Region
Activation Date: Friday, September 1, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, December 2, 2017
Meet Some of Chartwells Higher Education's Employees
Chief Executive Officer
Lisa focuses on giving passionate and high-performing employees at Chartwells the necessary tools and creative spaces to get their job done and move the company forward into the next generation.
Back to top