Human Resource Generalist
Click here to Learn More about a Career with Compass Group
At Chartwells Higher Education, people are at the core of our business. Together we build innovative food service concepts and serve fresh, local and nutritious meals at over 270 college campuses across the country. Twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News, at Chartwells we take pride in creating opportunities for associates to grow their careers and achieve their development goals within the company.
The primary focus of this position is to support the Human Resources function for Chartwells on the campus of a college so that it meets both the needs of the business and of our associates. The HR generalist will take the lead role in all of the following functional areas: associate relations, HR specific training, HR legal requirements and compliance, development and revision of HR policies and procedures, associate engagement survey action plan follow up, performance and merit increase monitoring, hiring non-exempt associates and managing data associated with bonus administration. Specific duties include:
- Ensure all Company policies are applied consistently regarding recruitment, postings, promotions, merit adjustments, terminations, and any other standing HR practice or policy to maintain equitable treatment.
- Objectively coach associates and management through complex and difficult issues. Provide guidance to management on appropriate disciplinary action. Assist with on-site investigations.
- Maintain and coordinate associate recognition programs.
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state laws in relation to personnel files, I-9s, public postings, etc. File information into the appropriate files.
- Regularly run and/or review HR activity reports.
- Support internal customer survey and associate engagement survey interpretation/feedback process.
- Assist managers in the development and coordination of job descriptions and structured interviews.
- Attend department manager meetings to increase HR visibility, conduct classroom training, provide assistance and implement HR initiatives.
- Review any request for pay increases or other status changes to ensure internal equity and consistency. Process status change forms.
- Design and implement human resources tools to support the strategic and tactical HR business plan.
- Prepare, coordinate and present HR related topics and other HR related training (i.e., Orientation, Sexual Harassment, and Progressive Counseling).
- Manage, facilitate and participate in the interviewing and selection process for all non-exempt positions.
- Draft offer letters for all positions to ensure appropriate form is used and that all Company policies and practices are consistently applied. Research salary offers to ensure internal pay equity.
- Bachelor's degree in HR or related field required; Master's degree preferred.
- PHR or SPHR designation strongly preferred.
- 5+ years human resources generalist experience required; management experience a plus.
- HR experience at a large, multi-unit organization required.
- Previous experience as part of a centralized HR environment, preferably in a corporate setting.
- Intermediate Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills; advanced skills preferred.
- Experience responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Strong presentation skills required.
- Experience developing a recruiting program is a plus
- Training certification a plus (i.e. Zenger-Miller, Stephen Covey, etc.).
Apply to Chartwells Higher Education today!
Chartwells Higher Education is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Location: Louisiana-Baton Rouge
Activation Date: Monday, August 7, 2017
Expiration Date: Wednesday, August 8, 2018
Meet Some of Chartwells Higher Education's Employees
Chief Executive Officer
Lisa focuses on giving passionate and high-performing employees at Chartwells the necessary tools and creative spaces to get their job done and move the company forward into the next generation.
Back to top