Click here to Learn More about a Career with Chartwells Higher Education
At Chartwells Higher Education, people are at the core of our business. Together we build innovative food service concepts and serve fresh, local and nutritious meals at over 270 college campuses across the country. Twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News, at Chartwells we take pride in creating opportunities for associates to grow their careers and achieve their development goals within the company. Our Dining Programs bring students together and serve as centers of Academic life on the Campuses that we serve. Our mission is to nourish and inspire and to be the place where hungry minds gather!
- Develop high culinary standards for our retail, board meals, dining and catering operations
- Create relationships with Celebrity Chefs to position Chartwells as a culinary leader
- Train, develop and provide inspirational leadership to local culinary team
- On the campus, lead Corporate Social Responsibility, food seasonality, health/wellness and high-quality culinary arts
- Analyze ongoing performance and trends in the local Chartwells operation and devise and lead improvements
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of daily menu items and explains same to customers accurately
- Culinary degree preferred. Bachelor's Degree in Food Services Technology/Management/or related field ideal
- Three to five years of progressive culinary/kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree or training
- Experience with planning and managing catering events, from a culinary perspective
- Strong leadership skills and desire to work with an industry leader
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Proficient computer skills to include various computer programs, Microsoft Office programs, etc.
- Ability to communicate on various levels to include management, departmental, customer and associate levels
- ServSafe® Certified preferred
Apply to Chartwells Higher Education today!
Chartwells Higher Education is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Location: New York-Rye Brook
Activation Date: Wednesday, September 6, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, September 7, 2018
Meet Some of Chartwells Higher Education's Employees
Chief Executive Officer
Lisa focuses on giving passionate and high-performing employees at Chartwells the necessary tools and creative spaces to get their job done and move the company forward into the next generation.
Back to top