Sales Development Representative
Applicant must be fluent in French or Spanish
Chartbeat, the content intelligence platform for publishers, believes that today’s content creators need mission-critical insights-- in real time and across desktop, social and mobile platforms--to turn visitors into audience. That’s why our software goes beyond clicks and pageviews so content creators can understand what, within their content, is keeping people engaged. Partnering with over 60,000 media brands across 60+ countries, Chartbeat’s software and front-line tools help the world’s leading media companies understand, measure, and monetize the attention earned by their content.
Our office is filled with incredible, driven talent on every team, and kind, caring, thoughtful colleagues at every desk. We don’t hire self-proclaimed Gurus or Ninjas or Techies Who Sound Just Like Us. We hire these diverse minds for two simple reasons. When you get a bunch of them in a room:
- Everyone in that room learns something, sees something in a new way, and gets better.
- We build great products.
These two things are, at the core, what Chartbeat is all about. We take very big problems and make simple and actionable solutions for people to put to work.
All of that work takes a lot of brainpower. As such, we encourage taking time to recharge with an open vacation policy and a flexible work-time schedule. That way we’re all focused on our mission, our clients, and our products — not butts in seats.
Your job is to find people and companies who need to use our data within their everyday workflow, and make sure they know all about Chartbeat.
You listen first and consistently ask the right questions, but most importantly, you’re the kind of person that people like and trust. You know how to get your foot in the door because you do your homework, know who you’re speaking with and what they care about, and are respectfully persistent in getting your message across.
As a member of the Product Outreach team, you’ll be carrying the banner of the sales front line, responsible for getting people excited about our products and pumped to get their hands on it. Your brain’s already eager to fill up on all the ins and outs of Chartbeat features and to share your past success building amazing relationships with prospective clients with the rest of the team and the Chartbeat Universe.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop outbound leads
- Get to know the nitty gritty of potential client accounts and become a trusted confidant who understands why our product makes perfect sense for them - and only reaching out to those for whom it does
- Overcome objections by helping people focus on our unique value over all else
- Disseminate opportunities you’ve created to the appropriate Account Executives, passing the information you’ve gathered and ensuring a warm transition
- Grow real relationships - we live and die by our clients-are-partners-first mission
- Organize yourself on Salesforce. We run a tight ship.
- Drop your knowledge to the rest of the Product Outreach team, and listen and learn from theirs
- Fluent in French or Spanish
- Self motivated with high energy and a willingness to learn and adapt
- 1-3 years of relevant work and/or internship experience in a sales environment or involving translatable skills
- Phone smarts like pre-call planning, opportunity qualification, and objection handling
- Top notch communication skills, both written and verbal
- Trustworthy and confident with a positive attitude
- Salesforce experience a plus
Role is based out of NYC. Local candidates strongly preferred.
Meet Some of Chartbeat's Employees
Jenna studies how clients use Chartbeat products. She works closely with each product’s owner to plan cycle priorities and use data to inform the product roadmap.
Back to top